Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wow are the Oilers this bad or are the Sabres this good? It's 4-0 Buffalo with 17 mins in the 2nd period. The boys scored on 2 of their first 3 shots.. this is sweet. Roy, Staffy, Paestch (say what?) and Hecht with goals so far. As my sis Brett said.. "Roloson needs to take nap. Or maybe he was napping." LOL Of course if anyone could blow a 4-0 lead, it would be the Sabres.

It's not too horrible watching a non-Sabres feed. It's not like we have RJ to listen to anyway and these guys are decent.

I have never even heard of half of the Oilers.

OOooh no Mair is broken now. Well, at least he's not a defenceman, but I hope he's okay anyway.

Watching western games always brings me back to the beginning of my hockey fandom, when I was dedicated to the Vancouver Canucks. They were not often on ESPN but you know that when they were (particularly the playoffs in 1994, the very beginning), I was staying up way too late and watching them. No matter that I had to be up at 6 for school, it was hockey and it was MY team and there was no chance I was missing it. Those were the days when I would watch any and all hockey I could get my hands on. The margins of my math and science and even occasionally history notebooks from high school were covered with hockey stats and facts and whatnot. I was obsessed and nothing made me happier than watching hockey. The love of hockey hasn't changed, though my notes are now online in the form of a blog and I don't watch the random games as much (evenings tend to be busy around here) but it's still hockey and it's still fun. ANd of course I live in the Buffalo area and watch as many Sabres games as I can but it will never be quite like the early days of hockey watching. I was thinking about that while watching the all-star game. It really made me miss Pavel Bure. I've babbled about Bure a few times on here so I'll spare you but he's been on my mind lately. I would pay good money for a DVD of Pavel Bure highlights. LOL

Okay.. back to the Sabres. Holy whoa there have been 137 coaching changes in the NHL since 1997 when Lindy Ruff was hired. He's so the man.

OH MY GOSH it is now 7-1 Sabres. This is hilarious but I feel kinda bad for the Oilers. Only a little though.. the Sabres need a game like this- perfect timing for it.

I just put a bid on an old Canucks Bure jersey. I own a black Canucks jersey (the old black, red and yellow ones) and I own a Pavel Bure jersey (Panthers) but I always wanted a Bure Canucks jersey so it's time. It's going for really cheap (I put a bid up to $25 cuz I don't need it but it'd be cool to own) and the bidding ends in 2 days so we'll see what happens. There are some sweet Pavel Bure items on ebay right now, including lots of white 'Nucks jerseys- which I always really wanted- but they are a lot more expensive. There is also a Pavel Bure watch, made by my Pavel's Great-Grandfather for the Czars of Russia. Mad sweet but way too expensive for my budget. It would be soooo cool to own one of those though, seriously. Oh well.

Hey guys, did I tell you that I'm going to Ottawa on Feb 6-8? My sis and I are participating in a triathalon- as a team- that includes an 8km skate on the Rideau canal (I'm doing that part), a 5k (I think) run (Renee' is doing that) and a cross-country skiing thing too (my sister's friend is doing that). Pretty sweet, eh? it should be fun. Our sister Brett is also coming along for the fun. We will be going to the Sabres/Sens game that Saturday night. I'm super excited about that because Sabres/Senators games are always fun and it's a great time to cheer for the other team- plus it's HOCKEY in Canada which is just brilliant. ;)

Wow Goose is bustin the commercials- Go Green and promo-ing the Infiniti car place. It's all good, he's looking rather dreamy so I'm not complaining. :)

Wow the Sabres really haven't played in Edmonton for 2 years? Weird. I def. like the whole every team plays every team thing. Good stuff.

Let's go around the NHL: Hot dang Rick Nash was the man tonight. He scored all 3 of CBJs goals, including the game winner in OT which was a sick goal too. Well done brutha.. OOoooh Ovie took a nasty hit to the boards but he came back later in the game so.. I hope he's good. I like him, I can't seem to help myself. And geez could the Caps have left Krejci any more ALONE to score that OT goal? That was lame horrible defence, my friends.

I really want to see CBJ go to the playoffs, it would make my Ohio-loving heart very happy. As of the moment, they are in. (dude on the broadcast just called him "Steve" Nash- no you ijdit[yeah I spelled it like that on purpose], it's RICK!) Ahem.. anyway I like the Blue Jackets, even though they always seem to play really well against us. I wasn't born there but I spent more time in Ohio than any other state (about 16 years) so I claim it as "home" and I want my "home" team to do well. They have amazing fans who always get made fun of (for no reason), a great arena (and a thriving Arena district in what was once the ghetto of Cbus), fantastic and well-liked ownership and Columbus is one of my favorite cities so it's time for them to get some love that doesn't start with The and end with Ohio State University.

Man I'm full of random tangents tonight. Okay boys it's 7-1 now and if you give it away, I will cry and disown all of you. Got it? That being said, continue to fire at will. :)

Staffy scores his 2nd of the game. 8-1. Ha. Make that a hat trick. Stafford just nailed another one and it's 9-1. Insane. Maybe Edmonton will put Roloson back in? LOL

Wow it's a good night for my fantasy team, even though I forgot to update. *I thought I checked but I guess not* Well all I missed out on was 2 goals (one was a PP) but overall I'm pretty set. It helps that Royzie has a goal and 2 assists and Pommer and MacArthur also have 2 assists each. Marc Savard (forgot he was on my team LOL) has a goal, as does Elias. Sweetness. We have 12 pts tonight. It kinda sucks though in my other league, because Rick Nash has 3 goals (which is sweet) but I forgot to set up Nabokov as my goalie and he's working on a shutout! Grrrr.

Whoa Edmonton scored. Ha. They cheered pretty heartily for him though.

Sweet move, Timmay-a shortie even! It's 10-2 now my friends. What a lovely game. There have been worlds of penalties though. Oh well, doesn't seem to be hurting the Sabres at all. LOL They are even playing good D even though it totally doesn't matter at this point.

Sick game, boyos. It was a blowout but it was still quite well-played, all around. REMEMBER THIS FEELING WHEN YOU CONTINUE THIS ROAD TRIP, MY FRIENDS. :)

And with that, I'm off to shower and get some sleep. I went sledding and playing outside for 2 hours today, I'm tired!

No comments: