Friday, January 2, 2009

Winter Classic II

Wow that was fun.

Possibly not as much fun as any of you had in Buffalo last year but this was a great game in a really neat venue and it was a wonderful time. It was very cold but we didn't get any snow. The game was well played- lots of scoring and lots of scrapping and just general dislike on the part of both teams. It was everything an original 6 rivalry should be. Lots of Red Wings fans, of course tons of the hometown Blackhawks fans- they are great!- and just a fantastic atmosphere. And everywhere I looked were Patrick Kane jerseys.. hehe I always enjoy Kaner since he's from Buffalo and all.

It was just so cool. There was a whole plaza set up outside the ballpark with live music, photo ops, food, drink, free giveaways and facepainting going on. And throughout the whole thing were people walking around taking pictures. Those should be up on this website soon and I'll share them with you..

I have tons of pics, and some videos too that I will be uploading at some point in the next few days.. Just wanted to tell y'all that I am alive and well after today's game.

Oh and I was interviewed by a guy who writes for the Sports and Leisure magazine.. I was wearing a Sabres hat with my Steve Yzerman Team Canada jersey and I got a few comments. So this dude asked about the hat and when I told him I was from Buffalo he asked to interview me.. pretty cool, eh? I will let y'all know when it hits the press. I also had my pic taken for the Wings website... don't know if it made it there either.

Life is good. Still chillin in Chicago until Saturday so I doubt I'll post again before I get back to Buffalo. I hope everyone had a great New Year's eve/day celebration..

And it looks like the Sabres got things started off right today with a 4-1 win. Roy and Pommer each had 2 goals? That's pretty great, really. I guess Lindy's comments after Tuesday night sparked something? Probably not. It is the Leafs after all. ANyway I'll take it as a good sign that they are finally going to start playing well and just leave it at that. (until the next game.)

I am desperately tired so it's bedtime for me. Goodnight!

No comments: