Friday, January 16, 2009

the goose is loose

Wow last night's game was something else. I'm glad I wasn't liveblogging because this place would have been very angry. Instead I barely watched the game.. more listened to it because they were making me sick.. and I was working on a new puzzle I got for Christmas. But I was paying attention to the game and I was super happy when they finally got their act together and started to play like they actually wanted to win. Goose just owned everybody last night. Good job!

Royzie played decently and his shootout goal was sick. He had a lot of chances. Woohoo for Yo-Yo to finally get one.. and I'm glad MacArthur was able to contribute too.. he's been awfully quiet of late on the scoresheet. Miller was good when he need to be (though there were some questionable moments for a bit there) The boys really put the pressure on in the 2nd and 3rd and were able to get the 2 points to show for it. It was an admirable effort to come back from a 3-0 defecit and take it in the shootout. *phew* And check it- they were SHOOTING THE PUCK! And they scored 4 goals... coincidence? I think not. (oh, btw Miller says THANKS GUYS for scoring more goalz)

Did anyone else catch the comment that.. I think it was Sylvester made when he said that Lindy was asked after the Chicago game about the execution of his team and he said it would be a good idea. I got a nice LOL about that one.

so.. yeah Carolina tomorrow. I hope we stomp them. I guess we'll see. Go Sabres!

I think that's about it.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Lindy borrowed that quote from former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach, John McKay. A reporter once asked him about his team's execution and McKay responded saying, "I'm all for it." or something like that. :)

S.A.M. said...

yeah it may not have been original but it was still a great line.