Wednesday, May 7, 2008

a tribute

To my faithful reader(s).: I promised a double dose of Hockey Separated at Births so here ya go. These are quite silly so just bear with me here. And feedback is always welcome and appreciated. :)

Is it time for the conference finals yet? All that hockey that I was skipping when it was on, and now I'm practically dying for a game here! I'm such a slacker but now I want it back. And I forgot (again) to change my fantasy team so I'm totally losing there I'm sure. Oh well.

Anyway here ya go, I put them in the same file to better use my space. Hope you like 'em:

Part Uno:

Skeletor (from He-Man) and Adam Oates (formerly of the Bruins, Capitals and Ducks for sure and possibly other teams as well) He looked a lot more like Skeletor when he was playing, you'll have to take my word for it since I can't find a good picture, but I can still see it a bit, int he jawline and the cheekbones. non?

ANd Part Deux: *yes, I know I switched from Spanish to French, sue me!*

Doug Funnie from the brilliant and sadly ended Nickelodeon show Doug and Buffalo's own Timmy Connolly. It's a bit of a stretch, but once in my head I could not get it out. What do you think?

Separated at Birth?

Now that you are all done lolzing we can move on. I read today that Derek ROy owns a boat. And that his boat is named "Love Potion no. 9" Are you KIDDING me dude? That's so corny that it's hysterical. I can't seem to get over it. He's hot but that is just silly. However, I would take a ride on him.. er I mean his boat, yeah that's it. Hate all you want, Royzie is one hot mofo. And if y'all dont want him, that's okay, more for me! ;)

okay I'm going to stop that lame puckbunny train of thought.

I watched a coupla episodes of Making the Cut tonight. That show was awesome. It was a reality show on CBC back in 2004 (the dark year of no NHL hockey!) It featured Canadian hockey players who were vying for a chance to one of 6 players drafted by the 6 CDN nhl teams. The show was basically a 2-week training camp or sorts for the 68 guys chosen from over 4,000 that tried out in like 6 different cities across Canada. Those players were whittled down to a top.. 15 I think that had a Superskills competition for the draft. It was so fun to watch. Each episode was a day at camp and they had scrimmages and meetings and drills, the whole nine yards. Great show. I watched it when it was on, and taped most of them. I have those tapes, then it was released on dvd so I procured myself a copy. Several of those players went on to play in the ECHL and AHL, I even knew a guy from when he was in Dayton prior to the show, and met another one when he was in Utah for a while. ANyway it was a good way to pass some time tonight while I was exercising. I find that riding a bike or working the elliptical machine is SO much easier when watching any sort of hockey. Agree?

:) enough babbling, it's time for bed. G'night!

1 comment:

dani said...

DOUG AND TIMMY! HHAHHAHA

That's so true.