Tuesday, May 6, 2008

our little sabres

Royzie and Pommers each scored a goal (both one-timers) in todays USA-CAN World Championship game.

Canada won 5-4. Sounds like it was a fun game to watch, too bad I couldn't!

Oh in the ECHl the Cincinnati Cyclones are playing in the Eastern Conf final. I know their coach and a couple of players. WOooo for them! (and hey, Chuck Weber, the coach is from Lockport!)

And in the west, the Utah Grizzlies are plying in the conf final. Who'da thunk it? They were superbad last year and did not win a game in February (or March, I forget which, but a whole month) this year and they still made the playoffs. And are, apparently, winning. I guess it helps when you get the players you sent up to the AHL/NHL back. anyway good for them, I know about 2 players and the coach and one guy on the staff there, but still, I did spend a year working for that team so I care a very teensy tiny bit about them stuff. They kinda shafted me at the end though so it's only a tiny bit of caring.

that's really the hockey news of the moment. when do the NHL conference finals start?

1 comment:

dani said...

Yeah, Chuck Weber, he's probably my neighbor and I don't even know it.