Saturday, May 24, 2008

here we go again

yay I stole the laptop so I can blog and watch the game at the same time. Wheee!

Pre-game thoughts:
-I can't believe the Wings and Pens did not play even ONCE all year. WTF is up with that?
-I loooooved that Mario and Stevie did the ceremonial puck drop. I almost cried. I love Stevie so much. and he looked SOOOO tiny next to Mario. Weird. which means that either Mario is HUGE or Stevie is tiny or both. LOL
-I also enjoy that Messier is in the studio. he may have captained the Rangers to the theft of Stanley in my first hockey season but I dunno, he's just great. I can't seem to hate him. so woo.
-WHY do the announcers have to yell all thetime? Guys, we can hear you, I promise.
-Crosby looked totally annoyed that Chris Simpson was harassing him right before faceoff. I would be too. Totally rude.
-What is up with Lidstrom's 'C' being on the right side? It goes on the left, over the heart. That makes no sense! Somebody help answer this question..

First Period:
The Wings are taking a lot of penalties. How strange.
Ossie is bustin! Good job my boy!
I can't believe that goal was disallowed. Seriously that was a dumb penalty. Grrrrr at that. Fleury was NOT in the crease. That means he was fair game!
Oh and has anyone noticed that Draper has been the Dockers player of the game for about 20938495 games now? It's weird cuz they act like it's something new every time. no clue about that. but in case you didn't know, Kris Draper likes golf. and wearing jeans and t-shirts.
Oh and can they PLEASE stop taking to the players in the middle of the game? that is so distracting and annoying. Why do they do that?

Intermission:
not much to talk about. I read in the Hockey NEws that the NHL is not advocating playoff beards- because they think that ad agencies won't want pictures of scruffy players. WTF yo? Have they ever watched playoff hockey? A full, bustin beard (unless you're Sid, who can't grow one, or Ovie who sprouts overnight) means you have stood the test of several rounds. It's like a badge of honour. And it's mad tradition. I think it's absurd.
Honestly, I don't know why no one has told Brian Engblom that the mullet has to go? It's horrid. Worse than horrid. You think I would get used to it but I just can't seem to. Yeugh.

Second period:
Some good chances. Pittsburgh doesn't have much defence.
I like the crowd. Good ole hockeytown!
Sweet action Detroit scores!!! wraparound even. That was solid. and Fleury was sllooooow on the uptake there. WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!
They have been better than usual about the constant Crosby reminders. That's refreshing.
Fleury has had some nice stops since the goal.
Kronwall is a BEAST. I love it!

Lets talk about commercials...
Can VS. please get some new ones?
I am so sick of the same stupid Touch of Gray, Enterprise, Extreme Cagefighting matchup, Edge shaving gel blah blahblah. I just hate stupid commercials, if they were good, I wouldn't mind. BUt these SUCK! Although the Bud Light carpet one is pretty funny.

enough of that.

3rd Period- Detroit still up 1-0:
Samuelson with #2 for the night.. WOOOOOOHOOOO baby.
Whenever they show Thierren, he looks like he's about to cry. Maybe that's cuz they show him after Detroit goals but man. that's rough.
Sorry Fleur, you screwed up there.
I think that 'ricochet' is Mike Emrick's favorite word. lol
*I need a beverage* .... ahh Mt. Dew- Yummy.
They just showed some Army dude who worked with the Pens and is in Afganistan- I should get a pic of my sis the Red Wings fan from Iraq and sent it to VS..
Woooo Osgood stops the Kid with 9 mins left to keep it scoreless for the Pens.
The Wings are SO GOOD on the transition. They are amazingly fast.
Like Lidstrom really had 2 penalties tonight? I don't think he had 2 penalties all season?
Happy B-day Draper.
WOOOOOOOOOO! 3-0. Cleary. :) That was supreme. What a headsup play to pounce on that puck. Oooh no way! Zetterberg- it's 4-0 with 12 seconds left. Bring it on baby!

Aaaaaaand Osgood with the SHUTOUT!!! :) Brilliant.

GOOD JOB WINGS! Osgood is 5-0 in the finals in his career. That's great. :)

**and the Cincinnati Cyclones won tonight in their ECHL Kelly Cup final game 1 too. Well done boys!**

I'm outta here.

P.S. Babcock is no Lindy Ruff, but he is kinda being pissy at the press conference. He was mad about that call on the disallowed goal, "you're trying to set me up. His stick was in the crease? Is that against the rules? Did they change it when I wasn't watching?" but that's not as good as Lindy's "Wake up, geezus, Wake UP!". ANd Babcock has a weird voice.

ANd WHOA but that placed cleared out really fast!

No comments: