Saturday, September 27, 2008

Super excited

I love having hockey to write about again!

Let's see-

This morning we went to the Blue Jackets' morning skate. I love hockey all up close and personal. (Even if it is only practice.)

Then this afternoon, I got to see the Wright State Raiders beat University of Dayton. It was a crazy game- they actually had a fight. In college club hockey. That's very rare but I guess our guys just had to do it. The guys from UD were a bunch of yappy little jerks. But the final score was 4-3 WSU so that's all that really matters. Our goalie is pretty solid. There were a lot of fans there too, that's always fun to see. Woohoo for hockey at my college!

And when I got home it was time to check the Sabres score- I looked and it was 2-1 Toronto with a minute or so left.. I checked some other websites then got a text from the Sabres with a final score of 3-2 BUFFALO. WTF? Yeah the Sabres scored a goal with 5 seconds left to tie it then won in Overtime. Woot! Roy was credited with a goal (though the announcers thought it was Vanek) and he also had an assist. Good job Royzie. And Max busted 3 assists tonight. Is he back? That would be great because when he's on he's really on. He's just not a creative player- he doesn't use his linemates very well. And he doesn't think on the fly very well either- he is not a creative player so it's tricky for him to use all of that skill he has. It's very frustrating to watch but if he can play like he apparently did tonight then we might be okay.

I also see that Rivet had a fight- I would like more detail about that if anyone wants to share.

Man I wish I had been there. But never fear- I'm getting at least one game this year and probably more because my brother in law has a mini-pack for his office that I'm sure I can have some tickets from.. just don't know which games yet. That will be awesome.

And now I will critique the Sabres' fashion choices during their "red carpet" walk before the game. Slideshow can be seen here.
1- Kotalik looks like a greaser. And his shirt and tie totally don't match.
2- Vanek looks like he put on some weight. But his face was kinda gaunt before so it's not a bad look. He also looks happy. Good.
3- Royzie- what is up with the white suit? I don't hate it but really- you can't go wrong with a dark suit- ahem Ryan Miller I'm talking to you too- and the shoes. Oh the ugly shoes. WHY Royzie, why? I hate those shoes. But otherwise it's okay. And Millsy looks so much less scary and skinny.
4-Goose is sexy. The gray is dark enough to be acceptable. Well done. I love the walk too, Millsy is pimpin.
5- He looks rested. Unbutton the jacket my dude.
6-Royzie has a hot profile. I enjoy the beard scruff. and I love his ears. Don't ask. Note the girls behind him going- WTF is up with the shoes my man? They feel me.
7- Teppo manages to look happy and terrified at the same time. Well played. And that's a good suit and shirt. Teppo is the man.
8-Kaleta looks good. Like the tie, it's fun but stylish. And he's got the sharpie in the left hand- is he lefthanded? That's hot. ;)
9-Max has kinda creepy eyes. Love the hair though. Looks like he's rockin the classic black and white suit combo. Works for me.
10- I'm not too sure about Sekera's suit/shirt/tie- it looks pretty crazy from here.
11- Is Rivet running late? He seems in a hurry. The suit is good. His feet are HUGE!
12- Staffy has his zombie grin on. And he wears black to play up his pale pale skin. It's not flattering.
13- The caption has Phillipe Gogulla- but which guy is he?
14- Tyler Myers. Nice suit, conservative but good tie. He looks terrified.
15- Marek Zagrapan- Holy hell that guy was drafted into the NHL? Are you SURE he's 21 years old? He looks about 12.
16- Felix Schutz- Not hideous but not great on the suit. I love his name though.

And that is that. :)

Oh and this has nothing to do with hockey but my parents are watching football and they keep having commercials for "Swagger deoderant by Old Spice" and they are HILARIOUS. You should go find them on youtube if you haven't seen them.

And that's all she wrote- for now. There will be more to come I'm sure. Maybe I will be able to watch tomorrow's game because I should be back in Buffalo by gametime. Maybe I'll bust a live blog. See ya then!

No comments: