Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Derek Roy Delivered

Ooooh yay Sabres! Thanks for the Q&A with my boy! :)

This one was interesting:
Is it true that ROY is not the correct pronunciation of your last name? If so, what is?

"ROY is the English way to pronounce it, but I have French heritage – my family is French and I went to French school my school my whole life. The correct pronunciation is actually WEH."
-------
Yes we all know about the french way to say Roy (Wah wah wah which just makes me think of lame Patrick WAHWAH from the Avs/Canadiens who is a looooooser!) and I think it's cool that he says ROY because it sounds better with Derek, which is not french at all! But we all know that he can speak French now.. I like that! hey Derek, I have French heritage too! We match! ;) (though I *do* pronounce my last name the French way.)

Okay sorry, forgive my little squee moment. But as we all know, I lurves Mr. ROY and sometimes I have to get excited about these things since there aren't any games to watch. Only a month and 2 days until opening night!! WOOOOOOHOOO! I'm about to bust out a counter to put on my blog. Oooh good idea. I'll work on that but not right now, I have other "real" work to do.

No comments: