Monday, February 2, 2009

what news?

Another D-man down. Yeesh this is familiar. Why is it that the Sabres have such problems on Defence, every year? I know that there are less D-men on a team than forwards but still.. this seems like a familiar story. It happened when I was in Utah too- we had a stretch when the Grizz had 2 defencemen and one of them was not 100%, and we had a forward playing D. (he played 53 minutes one night-I kid you not, the guy was a BEAST.)

In any case, I'm sure the Sabres can handle it, they've done it before. They seem to play some of their best hockeyw when facing adversity. :) Bring on the Ducks!

I'm really sad that I missed watching Saturday's game. I listened and followed along online but I didn't get to *see* any of those great plays that everyone is talking about. I thought Paul Hamilton did a good job on the radio though, he's no RJ but he was pretty sweet anyway.

I didn't watch one minute of the Superbowl because I just don't care about football and lately the commercials haven't even been that good. Strangely enough, the last time I didn't watch a minute of the Superbowl was the last time the Steelers were in in. No, I don't have anything against them (though there's something about Pittsburgh sports teams that bugs me, probably cuz I'm from Ohio LOL) but it just so happens that I usually watch at least a little of the game because it's on or we have a party, and the last time I didn't bother at all was when I lived by myself in 2006 and once again the not caring about football took over. Haha.

So I'm happy for the Steelers and their fans and ready to get back to hockey. But was it me, or was this one of the least hyped up Superbowls in recent memory? Or was it just cuz I barely watch tv and read the paper so I wasn't in touch with the media anyway? LOL And most people I talk to didn't really have a stake in the game so they weren't talking about it either. Weird.

Is it 10:00 yet?

This is interesting:
T. Vanek 50 29 19 0 48
D. Roy 50 19 29 4 48

Their stats are identical except the goals and assists are reversed. Oh and Roy's a +4 while Van is even. Hmm.. I just think it's cool.

Enough playing around. I really need to go be productive...

No comments: