Monday, February 16, 2009

let's go around the NHL

I don't want to talk about the Sabres. I missed all of last night's game. (My nephew is now officially an Eagle Scout- last night was his Court of Honor) But I think I'm pretty glad I didn't see it.. since things looked a bit ugly.

So I'm hoping the boys will rally and forget about the game and win the next one.

Instead of blabbling about the boys, here is news from elsewhere in the League:

From Yahoo:
Sun, Feb 15 G Martin Brodeur says he's within 10 days of his return to the lineup. He was to accompany the team on its trip to Florida but won't play in the two games down there. "He'll take the next step and go on the trip with us," Devils coach Brent Sutter said of Brodeur, who hasn't played since Nov. 1, when he tore the triceps in his left arm and then underwent surgery. He has been practicing and said, after Saturday's first full practice with the team, he could play if he had to.

And to that I say- EEEEEEEEEEE!!! MARTY MARTY MARTY! :)

But.. my boy Sharpie left the last game with a "lower body injury" after having to be hellped off the ice following a knee-on-knee collision. That is NOT GOOD. :( No word yet on the severity but it doesn't sound good. (and I really don't want to lose him for my fantasy team!) However, he looks quite foxy in this video

Oh Blackhawks, will you stop distracting me from the Sabres? (Note to Sabres: If you had posted video of Derek Roy SINGINGat the Catwalk for Charity III, YOU would be in the link. But alas.. you don't seem to get it. More Derek Roy!)

I'm done.

1 comment:

Slyborg said...

So excited for Marty to be back but Clemmensen in the MAN!