Saturday, February 14, 2009

perfect ending

Wow the end of that game blew my mind. I watched it off and on between making cookies...so....many....cookies... for my nephew's Eagle Scout court of Honor on Sunday.. but I did see el Capatain's mad sick goal with 3.9 seconds left to tie it.. and I saw Royzie's gorgeous nifty little top shelf-er in the shootout to WIN IT! (way to make up for choking in Ottawa, buddy) so that was really all I needed to see.

We just beat the best team in the League. Damn straight.


And on to more serious news.. of course everyone knows about Flight 3407 and the unspeakable tragedy that occurred in Clarence Center late last night. I have no words...I can't imagine what these people are feeling and all I can offer are thoughts and prayers for the families of the victims. I was almost in tears on the way home today, listening to a gentleman on the radio talk about his fiancee who was on that flight.. she was coming home EARLY to surprise him- and he didn't know until this morning, she was still telling him that she was on her way Saturday. before I ever heard that I was wondering if we'd get stories like that.. and it scared me a little because we have a big event this weekend and lots of people coming to town. (luckily most of them are driving and no one was coming from that way but still, you get the point, right?)

What I do know, is that this city will rally around the families and loved ones of the victims and embrace them as our own- whether they are from WNY or just visiting, because that is the way it works here. I'm not a native Buffalonian (or even New Yorker) but I love the spirit of this city. That's really all I have.

And in the end, Thanks, Sabres for bringing us something bright in a tragic day.

Let's Go Buffalo.

No comments: