Friday, October 3, 2008

This is too great

So I meant to post this about a week ago but I forgot about it until everybody started talking about Stafford and his Cauliflower ear. (gross. That used to happen to my brother when he wrestled in high school)

The Hockey News does a feature they call "2 minutes in the box with.." where they ask a series of questions to an NHLer. THe September 16 issue was our very own Staffy! It was pretty normal stuff- what was your first game like, what is your favorite song, first job, what team would you play for if you could pick one in any time period, blah blah. THEN we got the gems:

Best album of all-time?
My band, Invisible Children, has a new album out, called "The Pralien". Gotta get that in there.

-so you're saying that your band's new album is best of all time? Well I'm glad you like your work so very much. Wow. modest too, are we? ha

and (this one cracked me up and I can't decide if it's true or he's just jokin around- it could go either way, I think.)

Who was your road roommate and how were they?
(Seriously that sentence is totally gramatically incorrect- it should be "who was your road roommate and how was he?", or "who were your road roommates and how were they?" but that is beside the point)

I had quite a few. Clarke MacArthur was great. Dan Paille was great, but Derek Roy? It was all about him.

Yeah, I know that Roy is my favorite and all but man I had to laugh at that one. Can you feel the BURN? Yeesh. Calling him out in THN. That is serious stuff. ;)

2 comments:

dani said...

Ohhh Staffy.

btw,I know the guy who stole your job at NU for the hockey games. I will be reeming him out for that.

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

"Who was your road roommate and how were they?"

None of his answers, are what started running around in my dirty little mind. LOL