Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I should get to the recap

Friday Night- I was all set to watch the game on the couch at home with a cold Mt. Dew and my nephews. Then my brother-in-law called and said he wasn't feeling well and would I like his tickets? Ha. Of COURSE I would! So I went with my 4 year old nephew. He wore his little Ryan Miller jersey and we had a blast.

The dude has some sick seats too. 8th row, near the bench. Good stuff. Ya kinda lose the near corner but other than that it was all good. And of course the game was fun. The Sabres were pretty decent and that was good- except the Power(less) Play. Miller was bustin all night and that was WOOO!

It felt like we were surrounded by Habs fans. And the most obnoxious people EVAR were behind us. These dudes were ripping on anything and everything about the game. It got to the point when the girl next to me (who was cool) and I were like SHUT UP! And they kept dropping the f-bomb. Seriously, I get that it's a hockey game and maybe you talk like that but for hell's sake I HAD A 4 YEAR OLD WITH ME! Could you please *TRY* to tone it down a little? Well the answer to that is.. no. They couldn't, they wouldn't whatever. It was really awful but at least they won't be back.

*Oh and when we got there, people were sitting IN our seats. I was like WTF mate? But they were in the middle of the row and I had a 4 year old with me so I went to get the usher and have him sort it out.. and magically when we re-appeared the ppl in our seats were... gone. Hm. Interesting, eh? (they were wearing Canadiens jerseys too....)

Some random disjointed thoughts about the game:
-Paille was a MACHINE! I know that everyone and his dog mentioned this already but I wanted to say it too. The kid was all over the place and his stiff arm hit on Kostitsyn (dont remember which one) at center ice was killer. Good job Pie! You da MAN!
-Miller was rock solid all game and just a beast in the shootout. I like it.
-Mair looked good.
-All the boys seemed super jittery for the first half of the first period. But things eventually settled down so that was good.
-WTF power play?
-Nathan Paetsch (who I prolly wouldn't recogize if I saw him on the street) looks really handsome in a suit.
-I loved Hank's little jump over the carpet. don't know if it was intentional or not but it was cool. I think he was just showing off for Heather B ;)

I think that's all I have about that game. It was fun. I am super happy that hockey is back. Can't wait to go again. Let's GO BUFFALO!

No comments: