Sunday, October 19, 2008

this is my jam

My poor neglected hockey blog. It's not that I don't love you but I have been SO busy the last week or so that I am about to lose my mind. And it's not going to get any better. Yeesh.

I missed most of Fridays game- anybody want to clue me in about the altercation Royzie had with the Vancouver bench that resulted in Petey having a GOOD??! fight? I was on my way back from Fair Haven NY which is up on Lake Ontario rather northeast of Rochester (I couldhave GONE to the game but my parents were coming up and I told them I'd go check out this property with them and since I don't see them often- they live in Ohio- I didn't want to ditch for a hockey game. It would have been rude and things were a little weird with my fam lately anyway so I wanted to keep it cool.) and WGR has a WEAK signal! I was on the 90, passing Roch and still couldn't get it, in Batavia and picking up signals from Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, Cleveland, CINCI-EFFING-NNATI and not Buffalo. W.T.F.? It was irritating. I finally was able to tune in partway through the 2nd and made it home in time to watch most of the 3rd but it wasn't the same as what I heard to be a very entertaining first period. Oh well.

And Saturday I was busy eating dinner and cleaning the basement with my nephews so I missed most of the game. I had it on in the background and I don't think there was much *to* miss so it wasn't too bad. I look forward to actually sitting down and WATCHING a game soon. It won't be Tuesday though because I have other things to do. Rats.

I'm glad Vanek is bustin goals. That's what we pay him for. He seems so much more relaxed than last year and that is HUGE. On the other hand, poor Staffy can't seem to buy a goal and Royzie looks like crap. He seems kinda tense and uncertain with the puck which is not really his style. I don't know what's up with him but he needs to shape it up and soon. I'm SO glad Pommer got a goal too, because he looked like he was starting to get frustrated with it. Just relax fellas. It will happen.

In non Sabre hockey news- why is Osgood playing so poorly so far this season? He has surrendered 4 goals in 3 straight games. TERRIBLE! C'mon Ossie, get with it dude. (he's also on BOTH of my fantasy teams.. eek!) In other fantasy hockey news, my RedRogues team is owning right now, 12-2 and my Into the Boards (IPB AmazingLeague) just squeaked by with the win (I think- remember I can't make Stattracker work on my stupid laptop and the desktop is out of commission because my keyboard died very dead today) so I'm not certain of up-to-the-minute stats but I believe I made it with a 6-4 victory. Tomorrow will tell. WOOOT! Fantasy hockey is FUN!

No comments: