Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I KNOW THAT GUY!!!

Tyler Sloan makes his NHL debut for Washington

And who is Tyler Sloan, you may ask? just a guy who used to play for the Dayton Bombers- and I KNOW HIM! Like Tyler and I aren't close personal friends, but he knows who I am and if I saw him on the street he would say hello and stop to talk to me. and HOLY HELL he's playing in the NHL tonight!! In front of his home town! AWWWWW that's so great.

How cool is it to say I actually know a guy in the NHL? That is badass. Seriously I do not make this up people. I even have one of his game worn jerseys from Syracuse. So cool. I'm so smiley about it too. Congrats Sloaner!!! :)

Maybe he'll still be there the next time the Caps are on tv. That would be even crazier.

Oh and good job Sabres. I didn't see any of the game, but caught the end of OT and the shootout on the radio. Well played lads, this 2-1 in the shootout and 5-0-1 overall is a good thing. But next time let's not get down 2-0 to have to claw back and win in a shootout, eh? Otherwise, we're all good. Carry on. :)

3 comments:

Anne said...

that's awesome!! i wish i knew someone in the NHL well enough to be like "yo whassup?" and actually have them respond to me.

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

That really is too. cool.

S.A.M. said...

yeah it is pretty sweet, isn't it? he's the first (and possibly only) of my minor league boys who has made it to the show. And he's such a sweetheart too, it couldn't have happened to a better guy. If you want the whole lowdown on how I met him you can go here- http://slysom.livejournal.com/#slysom415420 to my livejournal where I just broke down the whole story a couple of weeks ago.