Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm just looking for a good time

Woooo what a game tonight. It was high on entertainment value, that's for sure. (and even if it was priced out of the average Sabres fan's budget, the Leaves seem to make the trip. It was kinda scary in there at times.. yeesh! Though none of the Leaves fans I talked to were rude, so that was refreshing.)

I had the 3 younger nephews tonight (ages 3, 5, and 12) since we had 4 tickets. I'm convinced that the 2 youngest are good luck charms. The Sabres are 4/4 this year for the games they have attended. Hmm..

Anyway on to the game.. way to start off with a bang, Sabres: goal 37 seconds in? I like it! :)

Timmay's goals were nice.. a lot of hard work and persistance. (works (almost) every time my friends..)

Pie-YAY!'s goal was just incredible. Wow... it was a wicked shot and did anyone notice how Butler carried the puck to the zone, dropped it to Danny then JUMPED out of the way of the shot so it could get through? SICK. I love that guy.

Derek Roy was sort of invisible tonight, eh? What was up with that?

I love me some GOOSE. He was going postal on some bitches tonight. "He was like hey- don't mess with my goalie, don't mess with my wingers, don't mess with me. Oh, you wanna mess with me? I'll mess with your FACE!" <33

The boys were playing scrappy, passionate hockey for (most of) the game and that's really all we ask for. Sure, wins are great, but play like you care and the wins will come a lot more.

Miller was great, it was so awesome to see him back out there. And the after the game celebration were cute.. Lalime was fighting his way through the other Sabres to get to Ryan.. it made me laugh.

My only issues tonight were the incessant penalties (I'm looking at YOU, Lydman!) and the mini-breakdown in the 3rd. But they recovered well and so they are forgiven for that. It was pretty darn interesting and tense for the last 10 mins or so of the 3rd. the place was going INSANE and I though the roof was gonna blow off when Goose scored goal #5.

Just a fantastic game to have been at tonight, I hope it was as good on tv. Speaking of TV, did anyone see a kid with a sign that said "No need to panic We've got Vanek"? He was right behind me. Pretty young guy, maybe 8 or 10 and he was really sad that his sign never made it to the jumbotron.

I guess that's about it. I'm super tired and still need a shower and such. All I've got to end is..

No, Leafs, No!

AND

Let's Go BUFF-A-LO!

No comments: