Saturday, March 7, 2009

money man

Well.. Timmay seems to be living up to his fat new contract.. so far at least. of course that wasn't really the issue- we know he can produce, but can he remain in one piece?

And it would look like the rest of the boys are getting serious about this whole "making the playoffs" gig. I didn't see tonight's game- I was at the Niagara/Alabama-Hunstville (someone tell me why they play in the CHA again? Not exactly regional LOL) game with the 2 youngest nephews instead. That game was pretty fun, though the crowd was kinda small- is it spring break for NU? and UAH brought a bunch of fans. They always do, I think they make it a big trip, check out the Falls and all that jazz. Anyway the game ended in a 2-2 tie, but it wasn't a bad game. I had a hard time when I realized that it had been a YEAR since my last NU game. :( I used to work there- I was the PA announcer for soccer, women's hockey , swimming and softball from 2003-2005 and also did some women's bball, baseball, lacrosse, and the occasional men's hockey game. Then in 2006, I was the voice for MEN's and women's hockey- the kid they had for the men's games flaked on them and they REQUESTED me. It was pretty badass, and that was when they started their whole "we aren't ever going to lose at home again" run of 22-straight wins/ties at home. It was brilliant and TONS of fun. Last year they gave me the big diss on the announcing but I still made to a handful of games. Tonight was my first game all season. I think they've missed me because they haven't been as good this year. :( (cuz I have sooooo much to do with it LOL!)

Anyway I really like hockey at Niagara. The rink is small but it's a good time. When the students are there it can get a little rowdy. :) We used to have way too much fun up in the press box too. Man.. there were weekends when I practically LIVED up there- between men's and womens' hockey games. It was great and I do miss it.

Back to the Sabres- I did listen to the end of the Sabres game and a bit of the postgame. I loved the score, and from all reports it was another solid effort all around. My bro-in-law and sis were at the game and they said it was rough and phoenix is pretty dirty. But from the word on the street post-game, the fellas (Rivet) stepped up and laid some smack down on the 'yotes. :) good.

From all reports, Moore looked pretty good out there too. I am excited about this guy, can't wait to see him play myself.

I'm excited about tomorrow night's Lady Blogger Soiree- it will be great to meet up with some of my Sabres blog buddies in person! :) And of course, check the boys and hopefully another solid win. Should be good times.

And with that, it's off to bed.

No comments: