Saturday, March 29, 2008

stat-time

The Sabres have 9 players with 10 or more goals. 2- Vanek and Roy, topped 30 goals, 3- Pommers, Hecht and Kotalik have more than 20, and Paille has 19. Who would have guessed that one? I do enjoy Dannyboy. He's probably my #3- and not just cuz he looks like Justin Bartha. (see post below)

that's pretty balanced goal scoring. Now if only they could be so consistent in all areas of the game. (Like FINISHING! Dammit. A hockey game is 60 minutes)

I got some keyword searches!! I have 5- they are:
-face first into the boards (2)- this one is pretty obvious
-derek roy's girlfriend- wooohoo I was waiting for it, this seems to be a common search term. Royzie, if you're looking, I'm available. Where do I send the application? ;)
*I guess it almost makes sense though, since I do talk about Roy quite a bit and I did use the phrase "derek roy's girlfriend" in a post the other day joking about this very thing*
-Justin Bartha- heh see what happens when you post a separated at birth entry?
and.. your favorite nhl-er and mine:
-Sidney Crosby (I'm still getting a ton of visits from Pittsburgh. If it's not Sid the Kid, then who else could it be? Is there anyone else in that town?)

and I received a visitor from Bedford, which appears to be in Nova Scotia. Sweet.

Also welcome to my friend in Kansas, whoever you are. I love visitors from everywhere!

not much else to talk about on the Sabrestats front. Royzie is rollin with an 8-game points streak, and Pommers is at 7. Pommer has 78 pts to Roy's 76 with Vanek a distant third at 59 pts.

it's still not what the Sabres need to make the playoffs. If they lose tomorrow we'll know. If not, then there is still a chance. How very stressful.

and I want to point out that clearly, Derek Roy must read my blog, because after my comments about his bustin beard, he was clean-shaven on Thursday night. Hmm..

Time to go read some more of The Code...

4 comments:

dani said...

Pittsburgh loves Sidney Crosby... because on January 18, 2008 he had a face off percentage of 75% against Tampa Bay. At least according to the Penguins official site.

And he's really pretty. Like Derek Roy. Girlfriend.

Sorry. LOL!

S.A.M. said...

heh Sid drives me crazy. well not so much him but the hype of him, which OI suppose is not exactly his fault. I got so tired of hearing about him during the winter classic that my friends and I made EVERYTHING we said for 4 hours into a Sidney Crosby joke and now it's this huge thing. we're even getting together for Sidney Crosby Day on August 7 (his birthday of course).

and I just don't think he's cute. Which I guess is a good thing because he's 6 years younger than me or something. that's just too much. he's allll yours. ;)

dani said...

haha His birthday is exactly 2 months before mine. Random fact of the day. It's fate, I know it.

I knoooowww, all I heard during the ice bowl...

SIDNEYsidSiDNEYYYY sid is so amazing he's SIDMAZING sidney CROSBY sidney crosby we <3 siiiiiid weather sid sidneycrosBY snowing siiiddddd maybe if we say his name backwards: YENDIS, it still sounds great. Buffalo. BRIAN CAMPBELL! Mark Gaustad! Sidney Crosby. Slapshot. Ollie. Buffalo Fans. Sid. Mair and Sid.

S.A.M. said...

something like that.

and then we said things like:

"the only reason this game is outside is because SIdney Crosby asked for it to be"

"this commercial brought to you by Sidney crosby"

"If there was no Sidney Crosby, there would be no hockey"

you get the idea. It got a little silly (well a lot silly) but it was all in good fun.

but did you notice that Sid has huge nostrils? We really fixated on that for some reason.