Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's BURNS us!

I don't even know what to say about that game.

I didn't see much of it. I had taken my nephews to their boy scout meeting, and when we left about 8:40ish, I turned on the radio to hear the Sabres score 2 goals. YAY and YAY! (and Pommers and Royzie, my fantasy hockey boys (oh how true that one is in more than one way LOL) so double the happiness.

Got home, grabbed some supper and threw the game on the tv. It was still 3-1. Then disaster struck. The madness of that shorthanded goal, I'm still trying to understand. but it was 3-2, it's okay, and time was running down. Went to the kitchen- WTF yo it's 3-3? Since when?!

The next thing I know Derek Roy (or 'Kroy, as my 2-yr old nephew calls him) is laying on the ice in obvious pain and they cut to a 5 year long commercial/score update which freaked me out a little. Boom, Ottawa scores AGAIN.

'Kroy comes back, though still looking to be in some pain. Points to him for gutting it out. But it was not enough because Alfie (that bastard) scores again and then Vermette (you may be hottt but you play for the wrong team buddy) got the empty netter and suddenly it's 6-3 Ottawa and the game is over.

Excuse me, but where did the Sabres go tonight? Miller was weak on a couple of those goals and the D just vanished.

Afinogenov is LAZY. Doesn't Lindy see this? C'mon call up MacArthur or somebody with a little spunk, eh?

Yeesh. Guys, I don't think we're going to make the playoffs. Certainly not if we play like this.. ever again. ya know the whole scoring a slew of goals in the 3rd period is frickin AMAZING when YOU do it, but it reeks when it happens to you. Grr.

In happier news, I started reading The Code: The Unwritten Rules of Fighting and Retaliation in the NHL today. I like it so far. It only enforces (haha pun intended) what I already know about fighting in hockey- it's rarely about hurting the other guy, and often not even about anger so much. There are so many nuances to fighting that the casual fan probably doesn't get. But I've heard it straight from the enforcers (who were, for the record, some of the most pleasant hockey people I've ever known) and I tend to belive them. This book is kinda with that, and a lot more info and history that I didn't know. Good read so far. I'll give it a full review when I'm done.

Peacey.

No comments: