Monday, March 31, 2008

I had a Sabre-tastic day

Today I went to Borders and, armed with a handy dandy 40% off coupon (seriously peeps, join the Borders Rewards program, they will send you nifty coupons all the time so you can buy the books you've been drooling over for reduced prices! It's a win-win situation).. right, so I've been openly coveting the "Sabres in Traffic" photo book since I first saw it (months ago). I don't care that it's last year's team (it says volume 1, does that mean there will be a volume 2?) because it's just sweet. There are beautiful close up shots of all the fellas in black and white, and some really great action photos as well. Well worth it. I am most pleased with this purchase. And my 2-year old nephew realy liked it too, though he tried to call everyone 'Derek Roy'. ;) Wonder where he gets that from? Heh heh. We're working on it. And apparently, hockey is loud because that's how he describes the group shots. He's a funny little kid, but he does love his hockey. (I'll take the credit for that one, thank you)

So there was that- I also picked up the new Counting Crows album- "Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings" and it's EXCELLENT, and found a graduation present for my youngest sister who will finish college in June, so it was a very productive visit to the bookstore. Then I added about 4 more books to my "hockey books I must read/own" list and moved on with my life.

I had another coupon to burn, this one for the Sabres store, courtesy of being a Sabres insider. I had to use it by today or lose it so off I went. It was actually my first visit to the Sabres store, which is for my own good because I want everything! heh I ended up buying a hat- I've been looking for something that doesn't showcase the slug because I still think it's silly. (yes, I do own a jersey- Roy of course- and it's the slug but ya gotta support the boys and I love hockey jerseys so I had to get one- it was a Christmas present.) so anyway I bought a hat for $10 with the sale plus coupon and picked up a copy of the photo that was made into the giant poster outside of HSBC, showing the boys in all manner of hockey undress just chillin during a practice session. I adore that picture and I had no idea it could be purchased for a mere $5!! Now it's is mine. It just needs a frame. Wheeeeee!

All of that was good. The Rangers won, that was BAD but there are still the Flyers and the Bruins that Buffalo could pass if they can win 'em all. We are still in it!!

I should be going to bed. G'night friends. Sweet Sabre dreams.

1 comment:

dani said...

ohhh yeah! I have Sabres in Traffic. I love it. I look at it a lot :)