Thursday, April 3, 2008

Why don't you come on out and say it

Well the playoffs are a non-factor now for the Sabres. yeah, it's disappointing, but hey, who really thought they'd hang on this long? I mean we all wish we were in, but taking to the 81st game was an accomplishment in itself. They got shut down tonight by a sick defensive team with a very hot goalie. They sure had some chances, especially late, but Montreal was up to the task. I'd much rather see the boys go down fighting than just fold up and die.

So that's that. I think there might still be a chance that Ottawa wouldn't make it and I would love that. LOL I just can't stand those [expletive] guys. ;)

the demise of playoff hopes comes hard, I'm not gonna lie, but I've been here many a time before on many a level. And it's always hard, whether it's the 81st game of the regular season or game 7 of the Cup finals and your team didn't make it (been there too). But.. there is always next year, and there are always other teams to cheer for.

This is when it helps to have some allegiances outside of the Sabres. For whatever reason- it's your hometown, your first hockey love, you just dig some of the players-- it's good to have a backup plan. Or, barring that, just toss all the playoff teams that you don't hate in a hat and pick one. Lol that way you still have someone to cheer for!

We've still got one more game to see the guys so let's relish it, it's all we have until September comes around and it's pre-season again. IN the meantime, it actually felt like Spring today in Buffalo so maybe that means it is springtime and we can go out and enjoy the lovely weather and not have to be chained to our tvs (it's a willing submission, I'll admit) hanging on every goal or non-goal.

I'll do some serious reflections in the next while, but I want to wait until the season is all the way over for that. I have a lot to say about these boys and I want to do it right.

for now.. it's bedtime. I have to be up at 6:30ish again. grrr.

1 comment:

dani said...

Sigh.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh well, I'm glad they stuck it out. Go Sabres!