Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday already?

gosh I am tiiiired. I spent the morning mopping and sweeping and the rest of the day raking leaves. We have a BIG yard and there were a TON of leaves in it. We're having this party at our house tommorrow and things need to look nice so I decided to tackle the yard. OOoooy if you ever need a good full-body workout, I suggest raking leaves for 5 hours I feel like an old woman. LOL But at least the yard looks nice and now we'll have some good leaf mulch to use on the garden in the fall. yeeeesh.

so I'll keep this one pretty brief. I'm still mulling over my Sabres season/player recaps but I need a lot of time to write those and time is not something I have too much of at the moment. Maybe this weekend?

Today I want to tell you that the Counting Crows' new album- Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings reminds me of the Sabres! Things like the chorus from the song "Cowboys"- This is a list of what I should've been but I'm not
"Anyone But You- It's almist perfect some of the time/I'm also sinking some of the time/I'm almost ready/ It's almost time/ For almost anyone but you
"You Can't Count on Me"-There's one thing you need to know/And that's that you can't count on me
and then the song "Come Around"- for all of the times that I go spinning up and down/When all of the things have died between us/Well we'll still come around/We will come around (Sound like Sabres fans?)

I dunno, it's just been speaking to me lately. It's a very good album- you should check it.

And to round out the entry, it's time for Hockey Separated at Birth #3:
Today we present Blue Jacket Rick Nash:

And Country Singer Jason Aldean:


Separated at Birth? It's not so obvious from the pics, but watch one of Jason's videos and MAN he looks like Ricky.

That's all for today. I'm still looking for a taker on the Collective Show which is TUESDAY (not monday) the 15th in Rochester.. Anyone? Anyone?

1 comment:

dani said...

Ahhh I helped rake and pick up stuff all over our yard the other day too. It's not fun. Our snowplow dude dug up our driveway and it went into our grass... it sucked raking/picking it up. Big Time. Then our neighbors have a stone driveway that gets in our grass. Heh.