Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wheeee!

Boston got 1 pt tonight, Philadelphia got NONE. Take that Bucky Gleason! That article wins the assholery award of the day. What a jerk! Have a little faith, a little hope, will ya? Bite me dude.

speaking of the word "dude" I had a funny moment today at Taco bell. I happened to be sharing the restaurant with the memebers of the 16 and Under California Wave hockey team who are in town for the USA hockey National Tournament. They were acting like typical teenagers, goofing off and all (though seriously, who lets their team eat taco bell before a game?-- side note, they won the game, 4-2 so I guess it worked out)
Anyway, I think that every other word I heard was "dude". This is pretty normal for teenagers, but seemed to be a bit on the extreme side, which made me laugh, because after all, doesn't everyone in California say "dude" all the time? LOL It's like this guy who played for the Utah Grizzlies when I worked for them- Travis Rycroft. He was from somehere in British Columbia, and he had that stereotypical Canadian thing going on, he really did say "eh" about once a sentence. It was hilarious. And then he'd say things like, "Bet you didn't know I was Canadian, eh?"

Maybe I'm just easily amused. It's possible.

Non-hockey related but important news: Anyone like the band Collective Soul? If you don't, you should, but that's not the point. The point is that they are plaing in Rochester, at Water Street music hall on April 15 and I plan on going. I think I can even get some free tickets (my brother-in-law owns the building next door to the hall, so he gets hookups for stuff like that) but I don't have anyone to go with! (My concert buddy is my sister who is currently in Iraq with the Army.. blah!) Soooo, do any of you lovely readers want to go? Just a thought.. Let me know if you're interested and I'll see if we can work something out. They are an incredible band to see live, I highly recommend them.

Oh and it's Wednesday again, so here is Separated at Birth #2:

Adam Mair and Jack Nicholson (the Joker)


It's something about that smile.. "Loooooove that Joker".

There ya have it folks. I need some sleep, I've got to leave here early tomorrow for work. The Sabres live to torment the good citizens of WNY for another day, at least tomorrow's game is in their control. LET'S GO BUFFALO!

And don't forget about that Collective Soul thing. You can email me if you want to.. peace out yall.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I love collective soul. Going to see them 4/12 in Lincoln RI. I'd love to go with you to see them in Rochester, but I would have to ask my wife if i can go on a date, or maybe i won't ask, she'd probably say no. (:

S.A.M. said...

Hi Jeff!

Too bad you can't go, but yeah that might not go over too well with the wife. ;)

But I'm glad you're seeing them! CS are increible live. I saw them twice this summer, first shows I've been to, though I've liked the band since 1995ish so it was pretty rockin.

Thanks for commenting and reading.

dani said...

hahhahahahahahahah HAHhahaaaa!!

His smile always reminded me of something, I could never quite put my finger on it. You nailed it Sam!

And I'm scared. Tonight is scaryyyyy!!!! Not scary good scary either.