Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Playoff Predictions

Wow, this is interesting. I always make my predictions based on feelings and wherever the mood takes me, with very little emphasis on statistical analysis and in-depth breakdowns. I base my picks on what little I know about each team, and what feels right. Sometimes I'm way off, sometimes I'm dead on. (I did predict the Red Wings and Devils in the final of 1995- with the Devils winning, the only thing I was wrong about was the number of games. Oh and I called it all before the season started.)

So who knows? Here's what I've got- Playoff Predictions 1.0 (I'll change it as need be)

Round one:
EAST
1 Canadiens v. 8 Bruins- Montreal in 5
2 Penguins v. 7 Senators- Pittsburgh in 6
3 Capitals v. 6 Flyers- Caps in 6 (take that Danny Briere!)
4 Devils v. 5 Rangers- Devils in 6

WEST
1 Red Wings v. 8 Predators- Detroit in 5
2 Ducks v. 8 Stars- Dallas in 6
3 Wild v. 6 Avalanche- Wild in 5
4 Sharks v. 5 Flames- Calgary in 7

Round 2
EAST
Canadiens v. Devils- Montreal in 7
Capitals v. Penguins- Ovie in 7 (sorry Sid)

WEST
Red Wings v. Flames- Detroit in 6
Wild v. Stars- Minnesota in 6

Round 3
Montral v. Washington- Montreal in 7
Detroit v. Minnesota- Detroit in 7

STANLEY CUP FINALS:
Detroit v. Montreal- Montreal in 6


There it is. Again, this is not exactly scientifically based, but my own weird method, based slightly on a knowledge of hockey in general and a bit about the teams.

I still have to do the season breakdown on the Sabres, but this is not the time nor the place. stay tuned..

3 comments:

dani said...

About that Collective Soul... I have to get my hair cut that day. I was supposed to get it cut and colored today, but my dude canceled because he's sick :(

dani said...

Oh yes... and...

Go Pens!

S.A.M. said...

aw man. CS would be way more fun than getting your hair done!!