Thursday, April 1, 2010

writer's block

I have things I want to say about the Sabres but I can't seem to form them into coherent thoughts for some reason.

I was at the Ottawa (Senateurs of DOOM) game last week and it wasn't the best. The Sabres DID have 42 shots though and played decently for most of the game. At times they looked totally unorganized and Ottawa did not, but it certainly was not the worst game I've seen from them this year. The Pominville/Montador 2-on-0 breakaway goal was particularly sweet.

I want to talk about the playoffs and how exciting they are and how it always brings me back to my first hockey season, which started during the playoffs.. but I just don't know how to say all of it.. yet. It will come. I can't force it and I just post when the mood strikes. I am going to try and watch the last few games just to remember what the Sabres look like-- I was AT the game Friday but haven't watched any others in quite a while- I always seem to be busy when they are playing.. Missed Saturday's romp because I was seeing Our Lady Peace (BEST BAND EVER!) in North Tonawanda, and last night's drubbing of the Panters because I had play practice. I won't see tonight or Saturday's games due to Holy Thursday and then the Easter Vigil church-ing, but GO SABRES and I hope to see the last 4 to get ready for the playoffs. WOOHOO!

So that's all I've got. I do still care about the Sabres, very much, just have been very busy and not able to watch or comment on the games of late. Be sure I will be checking some playoff hockey and following the hunt for seedings because this is when it really gets fun. It really is a relief not to be fighting for a spot till the 13th hour this year. :)

No comments: