Sunday, April 18, 2010

it had to be done

Today I read a very amusing article about the Vancouver Canucks and sex the night before a game. It's not bad, I promise. You should read the article, but basically it was a question of what kind of habits the players have during the playoffs and how they differ from regular season and such. "Coach, what are your expectations, and in fact your advice to players, with respect to daily health routines, whether it is sleep, eating habits, training, recovery, diet, sex? You know, all the normal things people do every day?" was the question posed to Vigneault."

He deflected the question with a 'you'll have the ask the players, I can't control that' response and so she asked the players. Their responses were quite amusing. So, naturally it got me wondering how our dear Sabres would handle such a query. I think we can all imagine the scene. I think it might go something like this:

(female) Reporter: "So, Sabres, what do you think about sex on the night before a game? Good idea? Bad idea?"

Timmay Connolly: I'm undressing you with my eyes. Want to do it right here and now?

Jason Pominville: (clearly uncomfortable) Um.. well, every night I go home and eat dinner and then after dinner I clean the kitchen and walk the dogs and then after that I come home and take a bubble bath then we read stories and I go to bed.

Patrick Kaleta: (giggles) Sex? Yeah! Good idea! *high-fives Timmay*

Ryan Miller: I can't change any of my habits. Don't want to mess with the mojo. But it is an interesting study. I look forward to hearing the results.

Derek Roy: I know a place on Chippewa..

Patrick Lalime: Have you SEEN my wife? *grin* Besides, I'm not likely to play, am I?

Craig Rivet: No comment.

Adam Mair: Ya know ladies, 31 is the new 21.. *wink*

Tyler Myers: *looks around confusedly*

Paul Gaustad: I am much too much of a gentleman to even consider the question.

Thomas Vanek: I think that would have to be no, ya know, because if I played poorly the next day, I'd never be able to have sex again!

.....

Yeah, I think it'd be something like that. I can't add much more, player-wise because the rest of the boys just don't lend themselves to responses in my mind the way those guys did. If any of you wonderful readers want to add to the discussion, feel free to leave a comment. ;)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I would be lying if I said this question hasn't popped in my head before haha. I could imagine that like for any man, it's hard for these guys to turn down a hot piece of ass haha. But maybe they've learned some self control over the years... Hmm...I'm betting no. ;)