Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm sure everyone has read about all the angles of the matchup, and I don't really have anything constructive to offer. I'm just excited for post-season hockey that I really care about with MY team in the running. (not to say that the Red Wings and Devils aren't MY team as well, but the Sabres are different because I live here and watch them all year, not just when they are on VS or during the playoffs.)

I think I'm going to Saturday's game.. wooooo!

I will be watching tonight- but on a bit of a delay since I have a commitment this evening. SOOO excited though- I'm wearing my Sabres jersey- in April! (*and not just for fun, which I do, but this time it has a purpose. hehehe*)

To all my buddies going to the game- have fun! :)

And the only tidbit about the matchup that really caught my eye was this:
Coaching Experience: The longest active tenured coach with one franchise (and 3rd all-time behind Al Arbour and Billy Reay), Lindy Ruff will step behind the Sabres' bench in the post-season for the seventh time. Ruff's.591 playoff winning percentage ranks third among active coaches behind Dan Bylsma (.667) and Mike Babcock (.644). In the six years that Ruff has guided his teams into the post-season, they have reached the Conference Finals three times and the Stanley Cup Final once.

WOW is all I have to say. WOW.

Let's Go Buffalo! :)

2 comments:

amabernathy said...

Sam: I wish I followed hockey more because your blog is fantabulous. I love your little poems and songs and all the different fun things you do to make it about so much more than just hockey-what I mean is: it doesn't read like sports illustrated, some dude wrote it...I actually get it. :) And a fun tidbit...my friends in Buffalo have had me cheering on the Sabres for almost 10 years. lol!

S.A.M. said...

Thanks, April! I really enjoy writing the blog. My writings tend to go all over the place, but I spend so much time thinking about hockey that I had to share it!

I'm glad that you like to read it. :)

And that's cool that you're a Sabres fan. They are fun to love- if frustrating. This is a great city and the people here are super passionate about their sports, despite the constant pain the Sabres (and Bills) put us through. Maybe this is the year!