Sunday, February 28, 2010

time to get my life back

Thanks to a tip from Amy over at Shots off the Crossbar (you should read her blog, if you don't... she is great!), I learned that Ryan Miller was featured in The Onion. Now you know he's bigtime. It's just like I wanted.. I think I wrote it here? For Ryan Miller to become a household name, like Apollo Ono, Lindsey Vonn and Michael Phelps.. I think it worked. YAY Ryan! :)

On to the game.. wow what a game it was. I was super excited from start to finish, though I think I had a few minor heart attacks in there. The boys made us proud and they should hold their heads up high. Remember that going into this, no one really expected the Americans to even medal, let along challenge for the gold.

I wish the USA had played with a little more intensity to start the game. I think they were being too conservative with the defenceman and being too scared of Canada's big guns on offence. The D seemed to hang back and play it safe instead of getting involved with the rush, which they really needed to do. When they did that is when they had the best scoring chances. BUt all in all, it was a really solid game. Parise's goal with 24 seconds left was absolutely beautiful! :)

And of course Canada had to win it on a goal from Crosby. GAG me with a sock. I had literally just finished saying "Anyone but Crosby" when he scored. UGH. I don't even mind Canada winning so much- they earned it and it's really good for hockey and their national pride and sanity of the country (LOL) but I'd have preferred it not be him. Share the wealth a little, eh?

Whatev. I'm just happy it wasn't a shootout. That's no way to decide a Championship game. And Ryan Miller played his heart out- he has nothing to be ashamed of. (the 2nd goal in particular was a defensive lapse!) Wear that silver proudly. BUFFALO and the rest of the country are proud of all the boys!

USA USA!!

I had to turn it off before the medal ceremony- my fragile psyche can't handle that.. not after seeing the Women's hockey ceremony the other night.. but I heard that Miller got a rousing cheer. Very classy move on the part of the fans and I appreciate it.

Oh and if the Canucks decide they don't want the services of Ryan Kesler anymore, we'd be happy to take him off their hands. :) I love that guy! (I already liked him before the Olympics, now I realllly like him!)

Now bring on the Penguins and the Capitals! GO Sabres!

No comments: