Monday, February 22, 2010

USA USA

Here's a neat article about the USA/Canada hockey rivalry. The funny thing is that even though Canada is very good at hockey in general, it's kinda weird that they "expect" to win the gold. I mean I know they want to win the gold and seem like they should- but Canada has only won 1 gold medal in Olympic hockey in the last 58 years. They owned it in the early days of the Olympics but not so much since. Just sayin.

I love Canada more than most Americans probably but when it comes to the Olympics (especially this year, since none of "my" boys are playing except Marty and he already has a gold!) it's USA all the WAY! :) (and no Russian conflict this year either since Pavel is not involved in the team this time around..)

I saw the end of the game last night and WOW it was sweet. I'm watching the rest of it now, on the dvr. I'm so proud of our boys for coming out on fire and really taking it to Canada. They will not be intimidated! YAY! And helllloooo Ryan Miller. I love love love how excited everyone is about him and we Sabres fans can sit back and say, 'heh, yeah he's OURS. We get to see this guy every game. And yes, the Sabres do that to him all the time. Poor guy is well versed with a zillion shots on goal and some spotty defence.' GO RYAN MILLER!!

✩✩✩ USA ✩✩✩

No comments: