Monday, February 1, 2010

gross

I turned the game on in the 2nd period and it was tied 3-3. Then the Sabres forgot how to play hockey and Sidney Crosby "is Sidney Crosby" and suddenly the Pens are winning 5-3 and there are hats on the ice. (which a local boy scout collects *in Pitt at least*, washes and sends to needy kids. COOL)

The Sabres' puck possession in the 2nd and most of the 3rd was PATHETIC and rather non-existent. Guys, that is NOT a way to win a hockey game. It was rather painful to watch. The late rally was almost okay but still.. it never should have gotten there. Boo on you guys.

Ottawa on Wednesday and I'll be there. I think the Sabres won the last Sens (home) game I was at. I saw them twice last year at home and once on the road vs. Ottawa but I think they won the 2nd home game. So maybe there's hope. Probably not. I mean, it *is* Ottawa (Les Senateurs OF DOOM!) and they just got Spezza back and they're on a hot streak so I'm sure the Sabres will lose.

On the other hand, they are alright with me in attendance this year (I think they've only lost 2 out of 7?) and they may just surprise us. I surely hope so.

In the meantime, I finally finished my lifelong (well okay not lifelong, but at least something I've wanted for the last 15 years) dream of creating a skating surface in my yard! Long story but our pond won't freeze and I've tried various methods of rink-creation to no avail until this year.. the elements and my time schedule and some really intense hard work and perseverance came together and NOW I have ICE IN MY YARD! :) Happiness of this magnitude knows no words.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Congrats on the ice rink!