Sunday, February 7, 2010

football

Football is so much more boring than hockey.

Yet I'm watching the Stuperbowl anyway, just cuz it's on and I'm being social with my fam. Seriously though.. it's so SLOW!

So let's talk about hockey instead. I watched a couple of minutes of the game today.. but I followed more on the internet and YAY Caps! Haha Sid- Ovie says "Anything you can do I can do better.." and ups your 2 goals with a hat trick. WORD> :)

I guess I'm cheering for the Saints- so I'll close this pointless entry with Geaux Saints! ;)

And to recap.... the Saints won! I know most of my fam is pretty happy about that. Heh.

I always say this but it needs to be said- every time I watch a Championship that isn't the Stanley Cup, I'm always struck by the lameness of the trophy. Nothing can really compare to Stanley in terms of size or personality. No other trophy has names of everyone who's won it for the last 80 years engraved on it.. No other trophy gets to travel around the world with its players.. The Vince Lombardi trophy might be shiny but it's TINY! And they always give it to everyone else before the players. Not like our glorious league, in which the trophy is carried out on the red carpet with the white gloves.. and presented TO THE CAPTAIN of the team, who then shares it around.. as it should be!

/soapbox

No comments: