Monday, October 5, 2009

There is some more hockey on my tv

YAY I'm watching the Devils and Rangers. It's a decent game.. I do love the Devils so it's nice to see them on tv, even though the Rangers are winning at the moment. It's almost the end of the 2nd period.

So, while I take in this scene, I'll post some randomness.

I hope y'all don't think that since I've been gushing over Sloaner so much during the preseason, I have forgotten about my Sabres. I still love them of course and I'm super happy that hockey is back, but I am just excited about my boy. I mean, I saw his first pro game, ya know? So now that he's in the big leagues, I just can't help but get all excited for him! (and maybe next time he'll LOOK at me during warmups LOL)

Can I just say that the commercials for the powermat wireless charger are *bleeping* obnoxious? I mean, if you can't promote your product without (implied) profanity, it can't really be that bleeping good then, can it? Whatever.

So anyway, back to the Sabres. I watched Saturday's game while reading everyone's opinions of Saturday's game.. on Sunday. So I dunno.. I think the game was decent. I liked the feistiness the boys were showing, and the willingness to step up for each other and lay down some smack, though there were no actual fights. I did LOL when Pommer was grabbing Hal Gill. Good effort! ;)

They clearly need some more goals, (duh) and where was Vanek?, but overall, I think it was a decent start to the year. Remember that hockey is 82 games, and yes, each game and each point counts, and there is much to improve on, but I was good with what I saw.

I'm going to Thursday's game, so hopefully I'll have some comments with a little more depth to them.

I could do without the Celino and Barnes commericals with Derek Roy. EWW. I mean, great on ya, Derek, for donating money to the Diabetes Foundation or whatever exactly it is, but why them? Yick.

Side note, (one of) my dream job is an NHL analyst.

Side note #2-Why is Engblom not wearing any socks? I'm scared.

Oh and may I please just say that Michael Del Zotto is really good looking? Because he IS. He's about a zillion years too young for me (cuz I'm an ancient old hag at 28, LOL) but I can look, eh?

EWW remind me that I don't like Chris Pronger cuz he's a punk and he plays nasty and mean. (but dammit, he's got that gap-toothed smile that makes me melt anywhere else.) I'm just not allowed to see him off the ice because then I forget that I.DON'T.LIKE.HIM and think.. "Ooh he's cute...WAIT EWW That's Pronger!! GROSSSSSSS!"

Sorry, feeling a bit on the girly side. I don't try to hide that I look at players beyond their hockey stats. It is just a way of life. Doesn't mean I know anything less about hockey, but some things just need to be discussed. LOL

I want pizza! But we have no pizza at my home so I guess that's not going to happen.

I slightly love the NHL2K10 commercial with Ryan Kesler. :) He's awesome. Speaking of commercials, I think the dude from the freeCreditreport.com ones is totally cute. LOL does that make me lame? Probably but there.. I said it. Haha

Whoa Rangers Asst Coach Mike Sullivan is kinda scary. He was reaming his boys a new one after that boarding penalty in the 3rd.

C'mon Devils!! Y'all have a power play, do something with it!

Is it me, or is it totally weird to see Rob Neidermayer playing for the Devils?

Really, even on VS, we have to point out that the Hobey Baker is the 'Heisman of Hockey'? WE KNOW THAT! Speaking of Hobey, I really need to read some more books about him.. the guy was pretty fascinating!

UUUUGHH the Devils lost. :(

C'est tout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's ok. I'm 28 too, and the fact that I'm almost 10 years older than Tyler Myers is absolutely terrifying.