Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sabre Sightings!

Today I took my 3-yr old nephew skating at the Pepsi Center. We do this often on Thursdays, since he is learning to skate, and they have a preschool skate in the mornings on Thursday, which are not too busy for us otherwise. He did very well. It was only his 3rd time with his new hockey skates. (I bought them a few weeks ago and when we tried them on he said 'They're cozy!' You may all ooh and aww now. LOL)

So anyway, there we were. I had a vague thought that the Sabres might be at the Pepsi Ctr today because of the Lady Gaga? concert at HSBC.. so I was not surprised when one of the ppl working commented on my nephew's Sabres shirt and said we could watch the Sabres later.

Well, we finished skating around the time when the fellas were wandering in and warming up before hitting the ice. We couldn't actually stay to watch them skate- we were meeting my sis for lunch- but we did see some of the guys. Butler, Tallinder (WOW he has skinny legs!?), Lydman, Mair ( I think), Lalime, Grier, and 2 guys I didn't know on sight (they had hats on) walked by and kinda glanced over as we were taking our skates off and putting shoes on (there was no one else there) but that was about it. Though when we first came out from the rink we were on, there was one guy down the way, with shorts and a Sabres sweatshirt on. He was just kind of chillin, walking around a little. When he passed us, he looked over and smiled. It was Ryan Miller. :) (He also has stick skinny legs, but I already knew he was a beanpole LOL) It was a nice little smile though. I wish we could have stayed to watch them skate, but they weren't on the ice and we had things to get to. it was still cool.

Oh and I LOL'd when I saw a van out in the parking lot, replacing the glass on one of the Sabres' windshields. I mean, I know that the glass places say they can "come to your workplace" to do the work, but it struck me as amusing, none-the-less. It was a fancy sporty car too.

No comments: