Monday, October 12, 2009

Fantasy Hockey roundup Week 1

Y'all probably don't care too much, but here is how my fantasy teams' first week went:

Trick Nashties (IPB AmazingLeague) *and, much to my dismay, and a late drafting order, Rick Nash (the inspiration for that brilliant moniker) is NOT on my team. How rude!*
Record: 5-4-2
MVP:Patrick Sharp: Not only does he up the hotness factor of my team by like a zillion points, but he also had 3G, 3A was a +3, all 3G were PPG and he lead the team with 15 shots on goal. Well done.

Runner-up: Ilya Brrzgalov with 2 W, a Shutout and 1.34GAA (to balance out Osgood's 4+GAA)
Most Useless Team Member: Chris Osgood. 0 Wins and 4.06 GAA and .826 Save% OUCH!
--
Into the Boards (cincinnati cyclones league)
Record: 4-10-1 (got my butt kicked by my best friend!)
MVP: Sharpie owned that team too, but I'll give it to Teemu Selanne with 4 G (2PPG) and 13 shots. He also had 2 PIM for me
Runner-up: Rod (the Bod) Brind'Amour. His 25 Faceoff wins is almost half of the entire team's output. DAMN.
Most Useless Team Member:Nathan Horton. 0Pts and -4. Way to go, champ!
--
RedRogues (Z is for Zamboni League)
Record: 5-8-2
MVP: Sharpie is also in this league, but Patrick Marleau outplayed him just a bit. Marleau owned with 5G, 1A, +1, 1PPG, 1SHGoal, 1Game winner, AND 25 faceoffs. IMpressive!
Runner-up:Steven Stamkos is doing well so far in his sophomore season with 2G, 2A +3, 1PPG, 20 shots and 31(!) faceoffs. :)
Most Useless Team Member:Filip Kuba- he is currently injured and has missed a few games, but not before earning a -2 rating in a game first! BOOO!
--

I will try to do this every week then at the end of the season we'll see who has earned the most MVPS, Runner-ups and MUTM Awards and have a ceremony! (and yes, you can be sure I'll write some speeches. HAHAHA)

:)

Red Wings and Sabres tomorrow. It should be a good matchup. The Sabres usually play pretty decently against the Wings (and almost always end up losing in the end) so we'll see. I hope they can at least score some frickin goals!!! And Osgood is the starter, and he's been a bit swiss cheezy lately so maybe that will continue!

let's go Buffalo!

No comments: