Saturday, October 16, 2010

S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G

OKay this is maybe amusing to me because I am such a spaz about spelling and grammar. Though this is more of a editing thing, it still should not have happened.

I was perusing the NHL-jobs website today (I do this every day, still looking for that elusive non-sales calls hockey job) and I saw this listing:
al
"Communications Internship - Edmotnon Oilers Hockey Club (Edmonton, AB)"

Yep, I want to work in communications for the Edmotnon Oilers. Clearly what they need is a copy-editor. Yeesh. I am not above the occasional typo myself, but this is just a personal blog. When I used to publish game stories to the internet for the minor league hockey team I worked for, I would proofread them 5 times to make sure all the names were right. Hello- spellcheck would have caught that one. I just find it particularly ironic, considering the context of the job it's listing.

In Sabres news, what a mess last night's game was. C'mon boys- get with it! (I'm looking at YOU (in particular), Tim Connolly, Drew Stafford, Thomas effing Vanek) Thank you, Derek Roy, for remembering how to score goals. Please share this magic with the rest of the team. How is it that the Sabres have 9 goals- 5 have been scored by Roy, 2 by Leopold.. and just 2 by the other 17 (non-goaltender) guys on the roster? W.T.F.?

Maybe tonight will be the turning point. Maybe tonight I can sit down and watch a whole game- something I have not yet done, except for the game I went to. Let's Go Buffalo?

That is all, thank you.

No comments: