Thursday, October 14, 2010

hmm

Maybe I'm living in my own universe or maybe it's cuz my seats are so close and I'm easily distracted or maybe cuz I'm an optimist, but tonight was NOT the worst Sabres game I've ever been to. (see December 30, 2008 and December 7, 2009 for examples) It was far from the best, but I wasn't as bored/bothered/sickened/disgusted/etc as the general population seems to be. It was a bit sloppy, especially in the first period. The boys just didn't seem to be synced up very well, but there were some moments of decency. Miller owned everybody tonight and we have to remember we were playing the Devils- who (even though they've been crappy thus far this season) are typically a very good defensive team- and Marty Brodeur is a stud. I heard on the post-game that the Devils blocked 18 shots. I don't doubt it.

So yeah.. not the worst game, not the best either. Vanek MUST be better. Connolly is a lazy piece of shit. SOMEONE needed to score a goal (not looking at you, Ilya). Eh.. I wish they had won, but I'm not hitting the panic button yet. The season is young and the boys have a lot of potential to be decent this year.

but what is up with Myers? He's so hesitant this year.. like he's afraid he's going to make a mistake, so he doesn't know what to do with the puck. I don't like this Myers, I want the old one back! :(

No comments: