Sunday, October 3, 2010

damn it feels good to be a gangsta

WOW. I went to the Sabres/Flyers game tonight and it was fun.

Now, granted, the Flyers were really the Philly Phantoms (AHL) and I had only heard of about 4 guys on the ice (literally, I think the only names I recognized were Shelly, Carcillo, Guerin and Mezaros.) But all of that is beside the point because the Sabres scored 9 BEAUTIFUL goals and won the game 9-3 after falling down 2-0 about 5 minutes in.

It was a ton of fun. I had my youngest nephew with me and he had a good time counting all the goals and cheering. :) It was great to be back in my brother-in-law's awesome seats in section 116. I missed hockey in a serious way. :) I know it was just the preseason, but the Sabres played hard all night and didn't give up when they had the game in the bag. Every goal was a work of art and many were from a lot of determination and excellent passing.

I love love love the Roy-Stafford-Ennis line. Such energy, such skill! Sign me up. (and don't lose it, boyos!)

I still hate Tim Connolly. He looked completely useless and LAZY out there tonight. In a game your team is DOMINATING, you should be more involved. Blah on him.

And Royzie was top-notch tonight. He was all over the place. THIS is the Royzie we know he can be.. lets just hope he remembers it too. : )

Let's Go Buffalo!!!

I am SO ready for the season.

No comments: