Thursday, June 11, 2009

appropos of nothing

I don't have much of an update. I will admit to being a bit of a slacker on the finals this year. It's not that I don't care, because I do- and I like the Red Wings but my actual life has taken a turn for the busy so I've had less time to devote to hockey lately. Now, if it were the Sabres, I'd MAKE the time, but since it's the Red Wings and I don't care about them quite as much, they tend to fall by the wayside a little.

Game 5 was great. Game 6, not so much if you're the Wings. But game 7s are fun. I remember the last game 7 of significance for me- that would be back in 2003- when it was the Devils. Oh man my roomie and I had a good time with that. It was finals week of our senior year of college and we were a bit stir-crazy, to say the least. We made a Devils food cake, decorated some army men to look like Devils players (numbers, names et al) and sent them on a "duck hunt." Then we made a sick Devils banner out of an old sheet and some (sadly, washable so I had to take it inside when it rained) paint to hang off our balcony. I bought some Devils horns and wore them all night and to the grocery store later when they won. It was grand. My only issue was with Marty (or any of the Devs) NOT winning the Conn Smythe. The worst injustice ever in the history of hockey as I know it. I'm still seething.

Meanwhile, that was a great night, and the outcome was most desirable. I only hope that tomorrow is much of the same. :) Let's Go Red Wings!

Oh and here are some pics of the Devils party-

Photobucket

hehehehehe

No comments: