Friday, May 22, 2009

razor sharp

Oh wow. What a crazy game. The Wings were down 0-3, scored 3 in about 4 minutes to tie it, then the 'Hawks won in OT.

*Phew* A few thoughts on tonight's tilt:

-WHY did Kronwall get ejected? I really don't think that was a dirty hit. Havlat had his head down and was off balance. It didn't help that he had 2 guys dropped on him after he was down either. I dunno, I just didn't think that was fair but that's me.

-Helloooo Sharpie. :) I liked the 2 interviews- after the 1st period and after his GAME WINNER in OT! Word. So my sis calls me during the first intermission, and she says.. "Oh I saw Patrick Sharp being interviewed. Now I understand why you're always drooling over him." LOL TOLD YA! ;)

-What exactly happened to Khabi? I guess he was sick or something.. I didn't quite get the story, and in true VS. style, they babble forever yet tell you NOTHING! Weird. I thought Huet did a nice job weathering the storm in the 3rd though. good job, buddy.

-Pahlsson's pass to Sharp for the game winner was SICK. To thread a pass though a couple of guys to the guy who just happens to be streaking towards the net (which was crazy cuz Sharp was practically behind the net when he sent the puck back that started the sequence which resulted in Pahlsson's pass but still. Crazy madness and sweet passing. Well done dude.

-I still love the Wings and I loved the way they calmly executed the comeback, but I'm totally excited that the Blackhawks won tonight because it will extend the series and that can only be a good thing. :)

-I'm in Ohio visiting my parents this weekend and I was telling them about the "Detroit Sucks" chant that they do in Chicago which I find hilarious. (for those of you unfamiliar, in lieu of a "Let's go Hawks" cheer, the fans instead say "Detroit Sucks") The also were amused by this.

-Oh and anyone who watched Hockey Central after the game heard this but Detroit is 0-93 in playoff games in which they have trailed by 3 or more goals. 0-93. WOW.

And on that note, I'm outta here. Can't wait till Sunday.

No comments: