Wednesday, May 13, 2009

creative i guess

You can tell that my life has gotten busy in the last few months by the number of posts I have (haven't) been posting. I had 27 in Jan, 21 in Feb, 14 in March, 7 in April and only 4 so far in May. Well this is #5 but still. Yikes.

I am really busy though.. but that is no excuse. There is still hockey going on, even if it's not the Sabres and so I am still watching and should be commenting. I have a lot to say, but no time in which to post it right now. So it will all wait. I'll save it up for a boring summer day when I am wishing for some ice.

In the meantime, I do have a kinda mean (but true) hockey SAB for the week.


-Mike Green of the Capitals

AND



-The Invisible Man

Separated at Birth? (at least in the playoffs) YOU Be the judge. The same could be said about Alex Semin. He's like Malkin of last year's Finals.. forgot to show up. WHOOPS!

Tonight's game was brutal, what I saw of it. Obviously the score tells most of the story 6-2. By far the most lopsided game of this series. The Caps fell behind and never got it back. Sad but true. They did a lot of good things in the series and made it further than last year, on a rookie goalie and missing some serious talent who decided not to show up so there is surely an upside here. They just got out-played by a desperate, talented, and fireing on all cylinders Penguins team. It happens.

I thought it was really cool how the fans applauded for the final 2 minutes. That was classy of them. Even when your team is getting destroyed, to show your support and thanks for a great season in a vocal way like that was really cool. It almost made me cry. I'm a bit of a sap, and I could just feel the emotion in that building. I've been there before- at what you know to be your team's final game until October. And it hurts like hell but then you have to show 'em some love because you do love them, whether it's game 82 of the regular season, game 4 of the first round of the playoffs, game 7 of the finals, or anywhere in between. They are YOUR boys and you love them. And that's why you keep watching and keep coming back. So kudos to the fans in Washington. That was cool. (not that this is in any way exclusive to Washington, but they were on tonight and it was a sweet example.)

And on that note, I need some sleep. Goodnight.

No comments: