Thursday, April 30, 2009

that was refreshing!

First off, my first round predictions were a little off.. LOL 3/4 in the East and 2/4 in the West. I was really pulling for the Blue Jackets and I'm sad that they lost. But there is no shame in losing to the Red Wings, it happens. I hear the show in C-bus was off the hook and that is good. They have now made it to the post-season, this is progress, and next season will be even better. Well done boys. :) Y'all have nothing to be ashamed of.

so I *finally* got around to watching a spot of playoff hockey tonight. I turned on the Blackhawks/Canucks with about 12 mins left in the 3rd. What a show. The 'Hawks scored 2, the 'Nucks scored 2 and the Canucks ended with the win. I think I should do this more often. I actually casually enjoy both of those teams so I certainly won't mind watching a bit more.

It was a weird feeling though, because the last time the Blackhawks and Canucks played each other in the playoffs was Round 2 in 1995- and the 'Nuckies got swept, much to my dismay. I vividly recall watching game 4 with my sisters. It was an afternoon game- Saturday I think- and the weather was nice so the windows were open. I'm glad we lived on a quiet street cuz any random passers-by would have been weirded out by the mad yelling that went on that day. It was pretty stressful. Weird how some things just stay with you..

Anyway it was cool to finally watch some post-season hockey. I feel like a total slacker, but in my defence, I have been stupidly busy since the playoffs started, and had things going on almost every evening. Then I was annoyed because they weren't showing MY teams when I could watch. Bastards. It was a little rude of the league to schedule without consulting me, don't ya think? LOL

A few parting thoughts..

*tomorrow I'm going to see Wolverine and I'm super excited!
*my sis and I have decided that Luongo is henceforth known as LuLu.
*I know it's been noted on many an occasion, but I will say again that Patrick Sharp is lovely. in fact, tonight I went as far as to call him "excrutiatingly lovely", because well, he is.
And he looks FINE AS HELL with a playoff beard. Very good look for ya, Patrick. Carry on my man, Carry on.

No comments: