Wednesday, April 15, 2009

about that time again, eh?

Wow how the time flies.. I still need to some some season in review type of entries but my life is super busy right now with work and my play (which opens THURSDAY night at the Springville Center for the Arts- 716-592-9038 for tickets or samthefunandcool[at]gmail.com for info!) I have had very little time to sit down and process the fact that Sabres hockey is over for the year.

I did, however, break down my playoff predictions today and.. based on absolutely nothing other than gut instincts, I have the Devils winning the Cup over the Blackhawks in 6 games. The rest is as follows:

Round 1
BOS-MTL: BOS in 6
WSH-NYR: WSH in 7
NJD-CAR: NJD in 6
PIT-PHI: PIT in 7

SJS-ANA: SJS in 5
DET-CBJ: CBJ in 7 (seriously this could happen!)
VAN-STL: VAn in 6
CHI-CAL: CHI in 6

Round 2:
BOS-PIT: BOS in 6
NJD-WSH: NDJ in 7

SJS-CBJ: SJS in 6
VAN-CHI: CHI in 5

Round 3
BOS-NJD: NJD in 6
SJS-CHI: CHI in 6

Final
NJD-CHI: NJD in 6 Marty Brodeur for the Conn Smythe (FINALLY) LOL

It wasn't even my I love the Devils talking.. I just threw the bracket out there and started writing down who would win based on what felt right. I'm usually wrong but there have been times when I was right. In 1995- before the lockout-shortened season even STARTED, I filled out a form saying that the Wings and Devils would meet in the final and NJ would win.. the only thing I was wrong about was the number of games. Kinda freaky, eh?

I will probably also do a piece or 2 on playoff beards because they are hot.. but for now I am super tired so I leave you with this week's hockey SAB:



-Sabres GM Darcy Regier

AND



-Actor William H Macy

Separated at Birth? YOU be the judge.

No comments: