Friday, April 10, 2009

And it's official.

In typical Buffalo fashion- the Sabres officially lost a playoff spot in game #81. URGH. Boys, if you had a few more games like last night... a little earlier in the season, we wouldn't be here?! I know that you know that but yeesh. Or maybe a WIN or 2 over Atlanta would have been enough to turn the tables. Only 4 points.. (if the Rangers win again) 4 points.. ahhh so few yet SO MANY.

Alas.. there have been some fun games to watch this season, and I have certainly BEEN to more than a few Sabres games live this year. *including some absolutely HORRID performances* but some were good. I'll probably do a game recap sometime in the coming weeks.

I didn't see last night's game, nor will I see Saturday's but they are on the DVR and I plan to watch them Sunday or Monday. :)

Goodbye Sabres.. it's been an interesting ride. Perhaps next year. It all goes back to the motto of Buffalo- Almost but NOT QUITE.

*sigh*

Good thing I already have backup teams in place- the Devils, Red Wings and Blue Jackets(WOOOOOOO!!!) ---and I'm not a bandwagoner, I've liked all of those teams for longer than I've liked the Sabres, actually. --

No comments: