Thursday, April 7, 2011

Out and About

I was at the Buffalo Bisons (baseball) home opener today.. fun times. :) It was a good day for baseball- the sun was shining and though the wind was chilly, it wasn't too bad. I guess the Bisons lost (I left in the 5th inning) but oh well. There was a decent number of people there. (I was there for work, SUBWAY is a big sponsor, so we were giving away free stuff and had SUBMAN there and all.)

I spotted some interesting clothing choices in the crowd:
-Lots of Sabres gear- totally understandable, same city, people here love hockey and the Sabres are making the big playoff push
-Mets jerseys (also understandable, they are the parent team)
-Yankees jerseys- a bit random but not that weird, lots of folks out this way like the Yankees
-One dude wearing a Rochester Red Wings jacket- this was a little odd, since the Red Wings are a rival team, and we were playing the Syracuse Chiefs(another rival of Roch)
-A guy with a Columbus Blue Jackets jacket on.. totally random
-And the strangest of all- a dude wearing an Edmonton Oilers matching sweatshirt and hat. What the?

Also saw a dude who could have been Tim Connolly's twin. I am pretty sure it wasn't Timmay (though the people around me thought it was him) because he was too short and didn't look *quite* sketchy enough.

An interesting day at the ballpark. Eat Fresh.

No comments: