Wednesday, January 5, 2011

spread the love

I told you I'd get back to my Derek Roy pining- and here we go.

I googled him (this is hardly a new activity but sometimes random things appear) and found some gems today- I did the picture search. There's the always classic laser background shot from his bantam hockey days (he would be 13 or 14 in this pic) -



And then this really nice shot of him signing at Dave&Adam's. I don't know why I like it so much but I have a thing for the pics of hockey players signing things with their heads down-- and looking very concentratedly-(is that a word?) at what they are doing. I have one of Brendan Morrow that's brilliant and a rather old hockey card of Pavel Bure with the same situation going on that just melts me. Thank you, whoever took this picture. Plus, I just love how his hair is curly- it looks soft and I want to touch it! (I know, I'm terrible!)




And then there's this- which could rightly be called a "Hockey Freak of Nature". I don't even know what to think about this one- they are on cafepress- and you can get shirts and whatnot that say "I <3 {insert Sabre here}" but I think that Royzie has the only teddy bear. What the?



But ya know what- that bear looks really soft and snuggly. But then again, I dunno if even I- a self-proclaimed and unashamed Derek Roy fangirl- could go there. It's just too weird. (this coming from the girl who has a Derek Roy light switch plate cover- it was on ebay and cheap and I love it LOL)

I know.. I need help. I probably just shot whatever credibility that I gained by that decent and well-thought out post about the World Juniors all to hell. Oh well, I am who I am and I don't plan to change. I love Derek Roy primarily for his hockey talent (when he chooses to share it with the general public- which was happening quite a bit this year, for a change.) I also happen to be a woman who enjoys a good looking man. And Derek is a good looking man. Good combination in my book- you really can't go wrong with that. :)


And one more link of fun before I stop embarrassing myself
some old pics of Derek that I found on a site for his old bantam team. The pic from draft day is hilarious- his dad looks kinda scary though!

No comments: