Saturday, January 29, 2011

All-Stars

I'm really digging the fog "screen" with the projected names and numbers that the players skate through. Very cool.

-I didn't notice Shattenkirk or that random guy from the Ducks last night during the draft.. weird... oh wait are they rookies?

-My nephews are watching this with my nephews and they appropriately booing the Rangers and Bruins and Flyers and Senators.. hahahaha I have taught them well! Haha now they showed Tyler Ennis and Benj said "Yay now that's what I call my favorite!" hahahaha they are too cute.

-Let the games begin! :) I love super skillz.

-The goalie race was possibly the awesomest thing I've ever seen in an All-Star game. Rock on- and the backwards D-man race was fun too.

-Why did Team Staal pick Mike Green for fastest skater? He is not fast.

-I love love love the breakaway competition. It's impressive and fun. The level of talent on display is insane.

-Sharpie owned the accuracy competition. Why did Toews have a do-over? Bum.

-What's with the random kids on the benches? Are they the players' kids? Kids who won some competition?

-How hot is Sharp? Just saying. Daaaaaymnnn boy.

-Team Staal is OWNING! :) 18-6 WOW

-Shannny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-They are having the worst camera angle issues. figure it out peeps!

-The relay is nifty. I dig the puck control parts.. so sweet- and Tyler Ennis killed on that part- he made it look easy and I know that it isnt! Good job, bro.

-It is cracking me up that they are all chomping on gum like baseball players.

-I don't want to say this publicly, but it's true- Claude Giroux is kinda cute. Whoops.... yeah, I said it. It's like Marc Savard from last year- why don't they ever mic up someone I already know and like- like Kes or Sharpie?

-I want someone random to win the hardest shot competition- let's see what happens.........
Team Staal ahead after 2 rounds.. nothing too shocking yet.
C'mon Sharpie.. with the win! Still that was an odd choice- he isn't much of a hard shooter, just accurate and fast, like the announcers were saying. I don't mind him getting some face time though.
Here comes Chara and Weber- now we're getting serious about this shot. 104.6 for Weber- yeesh. 104.1 for Chara. WHOA. Make that 104.8 for Webs.. and he wins it. WOW.
Tricky Ricky.. what ya got for us? 88.5? Weak! C'mon bro.. you're better than that. yeesh not a good showing for you my man. Ovie broke the radar.
WOWZERS Chara beat his own record- 105.9 MPH.

-How about this shootout? The goalies are bustin. Woooo P K Suban finally scored on McFlurry! :)

-Nash finally got one through! Nobody can score on his own goalie..
Man.. this is kind of wild- there were so many misses in the first round.
Corey Perry is the last man standing. :) Good for him!

Team Staal with the win. yaaaay baby!

No comments: