Friday, January 1, 2010

to update y'all

We did not get there early enough for warm-ups, thus I did not get to drool over my boy Sharpie all up close and personal. That will have to wait.

We did have a great time though, of course. The Blackhawks won the game 5-1 and there was much rejoicing. As I enjoy both teams, I was not dismayed by this score, and joined in the revelry. (and I was wearing my friend Emmy's Kyle Calder Blackhawks jersey so it would have looked a bit odd for me not to be cheering. I'm pretty sure it was the only #19 jersey in the place that didn't have Toews on the back. ;) )

So I did not manage to get any pictures of my boy, but the game was fun and I did acquire some souvenirs. I purchased a Sharp t-shirt and the Winter Classic dvd. I am very excited about both things, and already watched the dvd. It made me cry. yes, I'm a sap, but I WAS THERE! I am especially excited about the dvd because I had seen it advertised on the Blackhawks website (when I was there for illicit rendezvous with my secret lover team that's really not such a secret anymore) but it is not available online, only at the Blackhawks store or their kiosk at some mall. Well I was quite saddened my this, as I was not (at the time) planning a visit to Chicago any time soon and was considering placing an order with a friend and having it shipped. But then fate intervened in the form of Emmy inviting us up for what has sort of become an annual tradition- visit to Chicago for New Year's. And not only was it a visit, but it involved a Blackhawks game so I could procure said dvd myself and all is well.

I also purchased a Patrick Sharp bobblehead from ebay today. I've been wanting one for quite a while now and just decided to go ahead and buy it. :)

And, while we're having the SharpieLoveFest, I may have a plan. My sister Brett has invited the young nephews and I to a Blue Jackets game. We haven't picked a date yet but my brilliant self has decided that we need to see the Blackhawks- and lo- they play in Cbus on February 14- AND the kids have no school the following Monday. So it might actually work and I can think of a lot worse ways to spend Valentine's day than staring at one of my favorite non-Sabre hockey gentlemen. Sounds pretty great, eh? We'll see if we can pull it off. I'm rather excited about the idea though. :)

No comments: