Saturday, January 9, 2010

Had to happen

The Sabres lost tonight in an 11-round shootout. Rats. I didn't watch the game at all but I listened to the 2nd half of OT and the shootout. Looks like the boys gave up an early 2-0 then 3-1 edge to Colorado and even though they managed to tie it, they didn't have quite enough to put it away in the shootout. Oh well. They had won 6 in a row... it was bound to happen at some point. At least we gave away the 1 pt to a Western Conference team rather than Eastern.

I had a really weird dream about Brent Seabrook last night. I think the Blackhawks are trying to invade my life! I mean.. yeah I bought the Sharp t-shirt and a bobblehead (which came in the mail yesterday, woohoo) and I've been (not so) secretly enjoying them for about a year now but still.. now I'm dreaming about them? I guess it's not quite the first time, since I had some really weird dreams last week (when I was in Chicago) about Kane and Toews- they weren't exactly dreams per se- more the weird non-awake, non-asleep wanderings of my subconsious mind. I only had a few hours to sleep and I kept waking up because one or both of them were telling me that it was time to wake up- almost like alarm clocks. Odd.

Anyway I will share the details of the Seabs dream later, along with some further extrapolation on the "Trifecta of Hotness" that I mentioned in last entry. I also have a ridiculous stare-off between Ryan Miller and Jonathon Toews written. I found the pics last week and wrote the dialogue today at work when I was bored out of my mind. I can only hope that my readers (all 2 of you) will find it half as amusing as I find it myself. I have this insane and slightly unhealthy obsession with Toews' eyes. Seriously though, LOOK at the kid. It's rather frightening, and once such an idea takes shape in my mind, there is nothing to do for it but let it happen. :)

So there's your presell. Hopefully you will all come back and read what's to come. One of my not-quite resolutions for the New Year was to be more active with my blog and to make it more interesting, so I am trying to do just that. I was pelted with inspiration on my trip to Chicago, and I apologize if my entries are a bit Blackhawks-centric for a while. It's not that I don't like the Sabres anymore, it's just that I've found a new and more interesting (I maintain that the Sabres might have personalities, but until their management/internet folks decide to share those personalities with us, we'll never know for sure) crew to play with.

No comments: