Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back on track

Hello Friends and Neighbo(u)rs.

GO USA! I'm happy they won the WJC, even though I don't really follow. (ahem, CAN'T watch the games even if I wanted to!)
*Side note, what is up with that? The WJC games are only available on TSN and the NHL Network? I don't live in Canada and I don't have the NHL Network. I do, however, get all ESPN channels, as well as VS and CBC but that's not enough. Nope. Boo on that!*

Meanwhile.. the young Americans showed some spunk and surprised Canada and everyone else by winning the tourney. As a fellow countryman (woman?), I say: well done, lads! And that's about all the commentary I have on the game as I was unable to watch it.

Moving right along. The Sabres won another game tonight. This time they were ahead 3-0 and almost lost it, but managed to recover enough to win the game 5-3. I halfway watched about half of the game. That is to say that the game was on, and I watched part of the 1st and 2nd period then read my stack of The Hockey News issues I'd been neglecting (and did the crosswords) while listening to/glancing at the 3rd period. I've seen worse but I've seen better too. But a W is a W and that's 5 in a row for the Sabres (first one of the 5 that I finally got to actually watch tonight, I've been away) and that is greatness. The boyos are also 2nd in the conf (tied with the Caps, who re-signed T-Sloan for 2 more years--SWEET!) and well in first for the division. Excellent. :)

I really must be getting some sleep, but with the new year I'm trying to get back on top of things like posting in this humble blog and re-upping on one of my favorite features of FFITB, which is, of course, the "Hockey Separated at Birth". I've been quite inspired lately so there should be a slew of them headed your way in the new few weeks. :) Enjoy tonight's issue: (major props to my dear friend Emmy for the suggestion of this one.... it's hilarious!) :)



-Brent Seabrook of the Blackhawks*

AND



-"Eddie Munster" played by Butch Patrick

C'mon.. tell me that's not a Separated at Birth? You be the judge. :) (if you can stop laughing long enough.)

*Seabs is one of the newly named "Blackhawks Trifecta of Hotness" (a.k.a. Patrick Sharp, Adam Burrish, and Brent Seabrook) that I am currently rather smitten with. I will elaborate on this in a later (but soon) post. In fact, I have another ridiculous post up my sleeve regarding Jonathon Toews' crazy eyes vs. Ryan Miller's eyebrow and all sorts of madness. Stay tuned, things are gonna get fun around here again! :)

No comments: