Thursday, January 28, 2010

Let's go Buffalo!

So I'm back to my proper Sabres-supporting self. I did wear my Devils shirt under the Sabres jersey, and flashed it to some folks behind us as a way of authenticating my Devils fan-ness but I was cheering for Buffalo tonight loudly and proudly. :)

I thought the game was fun. It had some frustrating and some slightly boring parts but overall it was an enjoyable experience. Royzie- ahem I mean Mair (I didn't see him touch it at all, must have been a deflection?) scored a beautiful goal that I saw from start to finish- as it happened right in front of me. I often miss the actual goals at the arena because there is so much going on that the goal itself is lost on me, but rather the sensation of scoring, and the puck in the net are all clear, where the logistics of the goal fade away. This one was clear as day- it looked like slow-motion going in. It was really cool to watch.

And that play in the 2nd period.. was it the 2nd? when the puck totally crossed the line but the Sabres swiped it out last minute and then played out about 2 more minutes of clock time before the whistle-- I swear that was a goal. And I thought that in days past the team could ask for a review by the next whistle but maybe that rule is dead or maybe they just didn't want to bother but it looked like it went over to me. Anyone who say the game on tv want to weigh in on this? Just curious.

The people sitting around us tonight were great. There was a cute guy next to me, a SUPER cute guy right behind my friend, so I could see him out of the corner of my eye by turning to see her, then another hottie (in a Devils jersey no less) down the row, and even one of the ice cleaner fellas was looking pretty fine. It was a nice night for some eye candy. Then there was a dude in the first row who kept banging on the glass like a crazy man any time the Devils were close- it was hilarious. He would stand up and dance and just act like a moron but in the funniest way possible. We were all laughing at him.. then the ghuy next to me stood up and clapped when Kaleta smashed a Devil right in front of us and I lost my mind laughing. It maybe was something you had to be there for but it just struck me as really funny in relation to the other dude and I laughed, and then I couldn't stop laughing. It was so random and just absurd.

And as usual, I got to enjoy the stylin hair of the Zamboni driver- this time I took some pics of him. We named him 'Twister', which is a tribute to his '80s hair and rockin style. We also named one of the ice cleaner guys 'The Boss' because well, he looks like he's in charge. Or at least he looks like he *thinks* he's in charge. Too much fun. I shall share pics eventually, but I'm tired.

All in all, a good night. Fun crowd (at least around us), decent game- some fine work by Mr. Miller tonight-, got to see MARTY- which is always grand-, and the Sabres got a WIN! I like it!

No comments: